Where do you buy your CTI or Aerotec Reloads?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ccolvin968

Reaction score
Just curious as to who all of you use as your suppliers.
Do you buy in bulk or do you buy in ones and twos?
I heard that there is a website that doesn't charge you Haz fees. Is that true?
Thanks!

Most vendors will waive the HAZMAT fee if you exceed a certain total in your order, usually like $300 or $400.

I buy my CTI reloads from AMW-ProX, because they are my club's onsite vendor and I pay no tax and no shipping at all.

I buy HAZMAT-free AT MPR reloads from Wildman because he has the lowest price that I've found.

I buy from Ken at Performance Hobbies. On field delivery, no shipping, and he answers my calls by name. :)

His phone calls get expensive though. I started out yesterday on a phone call just asking if he had something in stock. At the end of the phone call I was $70 poorer. It's not my fault he kept telling me all these things he had in stock :p

Gotta love how that happens!
Thanks for the link.
We also have an onsite vendor. His prices seem fair.
I just wasn't sure if there was a one stop shop for all of this stuff.
He's out of stock sometimes on launch days, but I guess I could always pre-order.

I try to buy from my on-site vender Moto-Joe. At the begining of the year I slip him a list of things I might want . They do a great job of filling the order, no hurry. If I am at a launch, I will add to my pile as needed from their stock. If other venders are at a launch , I buy from them also. I buy alot of stuff online, but not motors. For me, launching a rocket is what it is all about. I am most happy at a launch, so I do motor buisness there. Just me though...

Locally I'll buy from Ken, who goes to the launches that I'm usually at. If he doesn't have it, or I need it and can get it ahead of time, I'll get it from Chris or Wildman and eat the hazmat.

Black Friday sales, however, this year is going to run me in the $500 range for motors.

I have already dropped $300 on my Lv 2 Tomach build. Madcow has it on sale right now for $225, plus my aeropack retainer, plus the 54-75 adapter so it doesn't always cost a bunch to fly it. Still haven't bought the main, drogue, or the GPS I want to put in it.
I'm probably gonna opt for the Eggfinder with the LCD kit that's on sale right now.
I also need the Pro75 starter kit, or the Pro54. Whichever I don't get, I will do the cert special on the one I do my cert on.
Yeah... this is gonna be an expensive Black Friday/Cyber Monday...

An excellent vendor for all Aerotech motors and all around great guy is Robert at Buyrocketmotors.com.

I am lucky enough to be local to him and often see him at launches. However, he would be my go-to guy if I were not local. Competitive prices and great customer service.

Last edited:
I have already dropped $300 on my Lv 2 Tomach build. Madcow has it on sale right now for $225, plus my aeropack retainer, plus the 54-75 adapter so it doesn't always cost a bunch to fly it. Still haven't bought the main, drogue, or the GPS I want to put in it.
I'm probably gonna opt for the Eggfinder with the LCD kit that's on sale right now.
I also need the Pro75 starter kit, or the Pro54. Whichever I don't get, I will do the cert special on the one I do my cert on.
Yeah... this is gonna be an expensive Black Friday/Cyber Monday...

Totally worth it.

I recommend supporting your on site vendor as much as possible. It's always nice to have one onsite if you need something the day of a launch.

I recommend supporting your on site vendor as much as possible. It's always nice to have one onsite if you need something the day of a launch.

I'll second this. That said I fly Aerotech and Loki, neither of which AMW (my on-site vendor) sells...

I got my last Aerotech motor order from Sirius Rocketry. Great service! They threw in a couple free thank you items, too. Everything I bought was at enough of a discount to make up for the Haz-Mat charge easy.

if you're planning to do more than one or two orders from the Wildman, I would recommend joining the Wildman club, the savings add up fairly fast.
Rex

I walked away from MWP 860$ lighter.... Damn shopping on site!

I just wish I could have made it to MWP. Have rockets, have motors, had registration done, and had hotel reservation, but had a family medical issue pop up that kept me in town.

+1 for Aerotech high power from BMS https://www.balsamachining.com/
I make one Large (>$1000) purchase every spring and have always gotten excellent service from Bill Saindon.
I plan ahead and don't mind waiting for his pre-order pricing and that way I only pay for one HazMat shipping fee per year.

+1 for CTI from Robert and Gloria of AMW-ProX https://www.amwprox.com/, because they are my club's onsite vendor, and simply great people.

I love Robert and Gloria!
They just stopped by our club launch on their way back home from BALLS I believe.
I bought my first HPR rocket from them back in the beginning of October.
Have two flights in her already!
Amazing people and even more helpful!

An excellent vendor for all Aerotech motors and all around great guy is Robert at Buyrocketmotors.com.

+1 (and he isn't even paying me to say this! :)

I buy CTI from AMW because they have some nice discounts for the TARC teams and I piggyback motor orders to save shipping/Hazmat. AMW also does a really nice job of packing a whole lot of motors into a single box so you only pay hazmat once. Another vendor (not yet named on this thread) divided the order of 30 1G reloads into 5 boxes, with 5 hazmat charges. :facepalm:

Definitely support the vendors that come to your launch, too.

Back