Where do you build your Rockets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyak

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thought it would be interesting to see some of the places, niches, nooks & crannies where folks build their rockets.. So, I'll kick it off...

This is my little corner of the basement. A bit cozy, but I've built some moderately big stuff here.
Finished rocket 'Hanger-Space' (storage) along with painting, bandsaw, etc are in the garage, but its colddd out there now!
Rkt_shop.jpg

Similar to this thread "Show Us Your Rocket Building Table"

I build LPR, and do so during the winter months, so most of the build is on the kitchen counter.

1643739167214.png

But since I make most of my own nose cones, transitions, fins etc. I head out to the barn to make them and for painting

1643739183903.png 1643739198632.png 003.JPG OGITB 000.jpg Snow 2017.jpg

Last edited:
oQywzFc.jpg

6 ft metal Tanker desk
cOckQPb.jpg

I do a lot of it at eRockets and the rest in my hobby room on the basement. No photos of the basement until I clean it up (which means never)

View attachment 505986 Is this a kit? if so, who made it and what kit? or was it a scratch build? I really like the look of it and it gives me a few ideas...
Public Missiles, called a MR-1.
nHAipgl.jpg

2kytXqe.jpg

p90xj2J.jpg

TAFznRG.jpg

They stopped making them last year. sold for $69.99 and from my old magazines, they introduced the kit back in 2006 or so. The well known builder Gary Tortora did an upscale version.
rCw6eYt.jpg

w6E7QwR.jpg

Similar to this thread "Show Us Your Rocket Building Table"

I build LPR, and do so during the winter months, so most of the build is on the kitchen counter.

View attachment 502617

But since I make most of my own nose cones, transitions, fins etc. I head out to the barn to make them and for painting

View attachment 502618 View attachment 502619 View attachment 502622 View attachment 502620 View attachment 502621
that's just "over the top". You're one fortunate man to have that garage.

Mostly at work, I love my Job. Having anything I need handy and free helps. Free glue, sandpaper, paint, etc.

i live in CT i general build in my garage like i posted above but when its 14 degrees out like today i really wished i invested in a nice large garage heater lol

updated photo of the back wall of the 1 car garage I rent at the condos. The 50" tall speakers are now in place on eash side of the tanker desk, tv is mounted on the wall now, receiver is up on a shelf. I still have things on my "To Do List"
I have added a light shade strip on the back side of the beam so that the strip lights are hidden.
0RbmfHB.jpg

Continuous Improvement should be our goal in all aspects in life.

Last edited:
I build everything in my bedroom, on a couple of tv trays, and sometimes on my bed. No, no pictures of the bedroom. Single, of course. Like Sam Malone said: I can eat chocolate cake for dinner and nobody will complain.

Our house has a computer loft which is where I built for years, sitting cross-legged on the floor, watching whatever caught my interest on the 25 inch television that belonged to my grandparents. Now the idea of sitting cross legged fills me with horror. It means that I would have to get down on the floor, then get back up again. These days I do my building on the couch or at the kitchen table.

Lol
I always say back when we were kids I could sleep on the hardwood floor for 8 hours get up
And be totally fine….. now 10 minuets on the floor sitting never mind laying and we become sore and hard to move lol

QUOTE="Fishhead, post: 2247770, member: 395"]
Our house has a computer loft which is where I built for years, sitting cross-legged on the floor, watching whatever caught my interest on the 25 inch television that belonged to my grandparents. Now the idea of sitting cross legged fills me with horror. It means that I would have to get down on the floor, then get back up again. These days I do my building on the couch or at the kitchen table.
[/QUOTE]

I prefer to build at the tanker desk on the three season porch. I have my building supplies and tools out there. In winter I build at the dining room table, and I'm always walking out the the porch for that tool or that part I forgot to bring in the last time I walked out. Also, glues come inside for the winter.

Back