Where can you find old TV shows?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Does anyone know where, what website, has old TV shows that you can watch?

I'd love to watch some of my old favorites (e.g. Space 1999, original BG, Buck Rogers/21st Century, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Tour of Duty, etc.) and simply don't want to buy a box dvd set. Also, I'd like to see them in order versus watching them as they come on TV.

https://us.imdb.com/features/video/browse/tv/

Here ya go! Best one I've found. They change the listing every few weeks. Last month I watched 21 old Maverick episodes. Now some of the featured.... Mchales navy....Kojack....I Spy....Airwolf... Original Batllestar ....Alfred hitchcock... Outer limits... and the THUNDERBIRDS [1960's] to name a few. Notice there will be several episodes for each show. I'm watching Kojac tonight.

There are 2 short commercials 15sec during show. Otherwise there great if you like the old Tv classic.

The IMDB [International Movie Data Base] has won alota bets, and settled agruments for me. ANYTHING you want to know about TV or movie is here.

Last edited:
I've been visiting youtube for old cartoons like Catanooga Cats, Star Trek--The Animated Series, Skyhawks, Joe 90, The Beatles, Super Six, Will The Real Jerry Lewis Please Sit Down?, The Banana Splits, Super Secret Squirrel, and MST3K.

sigh. Just went to Hulu.com and watched an episode of the best series that never had a chance. The Tick.

Speaking of Hulu, does anyone else get big kick out of the hulu commercial with Baldwin?? "Soften like a ripe banana and scoope it out with a melon baller" :D

Last edited:
Does anyone know where, what website, has old TV shows that you can watch?

I'd love to watch some of my old favorites (e.g. Space 1999, original BG, Buck Rogers/21st Century, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Tour of Duty, etc.) and simply don't want to buy a box dvd set. Also, I'd like to see them in order versus watching them as they come on TV.

I get many of them from Netflix

Just finished watching the first two episodes of the '70s version of BG. It's funny, but it's just like I was watching it yesterday as a kid. It came back like a flood of memoires.

Never realized as a kid who Jane Seymour and Rick Springfield were though.

Space 1999 is truly awful when you watch it again. I mean grab a big bowl of popcorn and a soda, flop in the chair, and do the MST3K routine on it bad. There was this one episode where some benevolent alien species drops these things on the moon and presto, all of a sudden there is a breathable atmosphere. OK that's pretty bad. The slam dunk is when two of the cast members flip open this window's latches and slide it down to take a deep breath. Now that is my idea of long range, what-if? planning.

I won't go into how much hooting and hollering went into my recent Thunderbirds marathon.

I'm waiting for Time Tunnel to start arriving.

Last edited:
I recently dropped cable all together and I'm just using the Internet for TV.
I'm using the wonderful - did I say wonderful - Roku box with Netflix for all of my instant movie needs. The Roku box gives me the same quality as cable and it is only a one time cost of $99 to be used with your Netflix account.
I have many resources for online TV - some mentioned above. One of my favorites is Fancast this probably the most comprehensive list on the web.

I watched three episodes of Fireball XL-5 the other day on You Tube; really
cool!! Reminds me of the good old days of the mid - 1960's of black & white
TV watching, a few years before I got into model rocketry.

Live action or the animated one? The live one was as bad as the cartoon was good, IMHO;)

The live one! It was much closer to the spirit of the comic book than the animated version. They needed a stable timeslot to get through the first few episodes and get all the kinks out. But of course, Fox didn't give them a chance, scrambling up the episode order, rarely showing an episode in the same timeslot two weeks in a row. Not to mention it probably premiered too shortly after 9/11.

https://www.mutantreviewers.com/rtick.html

Thanks for the great website of old shows.
I just finished watching the first Lost In Space pilot. No Dr. Smith or B-9 robot - yet.

It's funnier than anything on TV tonight.

https://us.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi1509490713/

Here's some highlights: Read along during your watch.
. Check out June Lockheart doing laundry on another planet.
. Those damn kids, always getting lost!
. A piggy back Jet-Pack - HAH! Look how casually Penny is holding on. Hey, Penny has a monkey on her back - Isn't that cute?
. That Giant can't throw a rock worth a darn, just drop it on them.
. Uh-oh, Penny is lost again. Oh great, now four of them are lost. What horrible parents. Oh sure, brave Penny can wipe away spider webs, but screams like a little girl when she sees that skeleton!
. First - bitter cold, then lightning storms and now an earthquake? 15 more minutes in the show - what else?
. They were sure concerned about seat belt safety in the year 2001. Too bad they didn't carry Coast Guard approved life jackets into a whirlpool.
. What? You can't put your RV into reverse in a whirlpool?
. Oh no - Don is gone! But wait, he's hanging on to a handle just outside the 360 degree view windows. You morons! Quit looking out the roof and just look out the window. I can see him, he's right there!
. Finally, they're safe! Well, at least until the networks pick up the show and decide to add real drama - Dr. Smith!

Next to Plan 9 From Outer Space, this had to be the best laugh I've had in too long a time.
Hans "Chris" Michielssen

Last edited:
In case you haven't thrown your TV out the window, there is a cable channel called American Life that has a bunch of old TV shows. Monday is "Mary Tyler Moore night" with The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Newhart, WKRP In Cincinnati and the Bob Newhart Show. Tuesdays is WWII night, with Combat, The Rat Patrol and 12 O'Clock High. Wednesday has Lou Grant and Trapper John MD. Thursday is "Irwin Allen night", with Lost In Space, Time Tunnel, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea and Land Of The Giants. Friday has Batman and The Green Hornet. Plus there is an episode of Mission Impossible just about every night. You have to put up with the dorky commercials, but some of those old shows are worth it!

Dennis

Back