Where can I buy an Orbital Transport?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
I know they re-made this model last year, and I know they're popular, and I can't find one anywhere. I've checked Ebay and all the on-line hobby places I know of. The hobby shops in town don't keep have big selections. Am I just out of luck? Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Stephen

There are a several on Ebay right now. Hope this helps.

Keith

Sure enough! As soon as I start whining about not seeing them on Ebay...

Thanks for the heads up.

Stephen

Bushrat,

be prepared...they are going for over $30!

sandman

Originally posted by sandman
Bushrat,

be prepared...they are going for over $30!

sandman

Yeah... that doesn't surprise me. By the way - have you seen the bids people are getting for some of those old Estes kits? There's an Astron Scout bidding at $172.50 right now, and a Streak for over $105. I wanna know who's paying that much, and what's the reasoning behind it. Investment? Childhood memories? Too rich for me.

Stephen

Especially when you can get parts to clone 'em for about ten bucks. Must be collector mentality or something.

It's strictly people collecting the original unopened kits..there is a limit to how many are left unopened, and that constitutes a guarenteed future increase in value to collectors.

these kits will most likely never fly.and will probably not even be displayed(to keep the package clean)and to deterr fading the face card

I rather build a clone or buy one from Thrust-aero.ect.. and fly it!

but on the other hand, It sure beats some of the other collectable trends out there

look at Hotwheels/Johnny Lightnings lately? It seems like everything they make now is " limited edition""special edition" .lol but still produced in the thousands.or tens of thousands not really a good investment.

but I know people who spend up to hundreds of dollars every month on them .just to stick them unopened in a box and store in the basement.they would have been much better off buying and old estes rocket once a month!

LOL! you can clone an Astron Scout for under $1 !!

The final price was $235 and change!

Really dumb!

sandman

over $200 for a rocket that small?...that is crazy!!!!

I wish I had that kinda money :cool:

Dang, thats a lot of money for a small rocket, guess people will spend an arm and a leg for a cool rocket.

I bought a re-issue kit of the Transport a couple months back at Hobby Lobby during one of their 50% sales. I am pretty sure I saw another kit in that same store recently. If I'm not mistaken, the price was about $16, is that correct? Anyway, if you're having a problem getting a decent deal on one anywhere else. let me know and I'll take a look here again.

C

I still have one unopened green lable Orbital Transport K-42, If you'd like to part with a couple hundred bucks:) Just kidding, I couldn't sell it. I just like looking at the Kit.

I'm slowly putting money away for about a $200 rocket, and I guarantee you it won't be an old Astron Scout! For that kind of buckage you can get an Apogee Saturn V, or PML MiniBBX with the Terrier booster AND electronics. There's no accounting for taste.

30 bucks for an Orbital Transport isn't bad, though. I paid 20 for one last year and have gotten a great deal of enjoyment out of it.

I have an OT on the way, thanks to a fellow forum-poster! He made me a deal I couldn't refuse. I went ahead and ordered me a Deuce's Wild, too.

What?

I was already logged on, and it was only a few mouse-clicks away...

somebody stop me...

can't breathe... is $40 a good deal for a Musta... cough... everything's so dark..

Back