Where can I buy a high powered launch controller?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The full boost is supposed to be delivered today. I cant wait to get it. First Im going to test it out on some test igniters I have then test it with some dipped test igniters.

The full boost looks kinda suspect from what I just seen. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see by putting four 29mm to the test.

Im starting to think I may have purchased the wrong controller. I can’t find anything that has any information on the specs of the Pratt hobbies full boost controller. There’s nothing on the Pratt hobbies website, nor can I find a single video on YouTube. I just want to know how to change the batteries without breaking it. Does anyone have link or can point me in the right direction?

Here’s a view of the dimensions

Attachments

• 6220484B-7730-4AAD-9FB0-F6D935D7871C.jpeg
    6220484B-7730-4AAD-9FB0-F6D935D7871C.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 17
  • D9E24B6A-555E-4DE1-A73B-BD20CAD02BF0.jpeg
    D9E24B6A-555E-4DE1-A73B-BD20CAD02BF0.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 16
  • F4367EEB-9700-43E2-8162-5D051F43D2E5.jpeg
    F4367EEB-9700-43E2-8162-5D051F43D2E5.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 13
  • E5C30BE8-1FF3-46C9-920B-4E45CA9F14BB.jpeg
    E5C30BE8-1FF3-46C9-920B-4E45CA9F14BB.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 13
Contact Pratt. I have the go box that I adapted to use a 3 cell lipo that we used for our L1 launch's ( 100 ft ). Since than some of our group is flying L2 motors ( 300 ft ) we picked up a system from Thomas over at IMPLS. Pricey but very a solid system which I also use a 3s lipo for power.
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0574.JPG
    IMG_0574.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 19
Contact Pratt. I have the go box that I adapted to use a 3 cell lipo that we used for our L1 launch's ( 100 ft ). Since than some of our group is flying L2 motors ( 300 ft ) we picked up a system from Thomas over at IMPLS. Pricey but very a solid system which I also use a 3s lipo for power.
Mike
I tried emailing. No response

There’s nothing on the Pratt hobbies website
Here’s what it says on the Pratt Hobbies website,
When the batteries run down, snap the sides off the control box to open it and replace the AA cells.

The full boost launch system is very reliable. I was wondering why I couldn’t find any reviews on it or anything on YouTube, let alone anyone even own the darn thing. Now I know why. Looks like im in the market for another controller.

I have 100’ feet of wire I attached to the PSll controller. It will ignited H and I motors with no problem. But as far as clusters go, your not guaranteed to ignite every motor. I need something that produces 12 volts. Pratt hobbies looks like they have some solid controllers but my iPhone keeps telling me that the website is at risk of identity thieves and wont let me buy anything. And I cannot find another vendor who sells something similar.
Call them??

There's no risk. I've been on the site many times I purchased a go box from the site.

Mike

Call them??
I did purchase their controller and it works great but my problem wasn’t with the controller, it was the igniters. I needed the electric matches from MJG. But those are only good for black powder they will not ignite a cluster of composites.

Hello Five,

If none of these modifications work well enough for doing clusters, you might want to check out a Wilson F/X single-pad launch system. It's got the relay at the pad built in with a full 20 amps of juice ready to fire clusters of igniters. And it has the wireless option available as well. And there's also a Pelican cased option if you want the high end.

Check them out at www.wilsonfx.com

One could say that I know the guy. Sure, he's nuts, but he does have a mighty fine product.

Brad Wilson

Back