When is the Starship orbital launch?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going through EV news this morning, I found this:

"... SpaceX targets to launch Starship no earlier than (NET) Monday, April 10, launch window that begins at 8:10 a.m. Central Time, with back-up launch opportunities also scheduled for April 11 and April 12."

"SpaceX plans to fly Starship from Texas to Hawaii during its debut orbital flight test."

https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/wenorbit
🚀🌎

Going through EV news this morning, I found this:

"... SpaceX targets to launch Starship no earlier than (NET) Monday, April 10, launch window that begins at 8:10 a.m. Central Time, with back-up launch opportunities also scheduled for April 11 and April 12."

"SpaceX plans to fly Starship from Texas to Hawaii during its debut orbital flight test."

https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/wenorbit
🚀🌎
Worth noting that Starship's plan to fly from Texas to Hawaii is eastward and not westward (as I understand it). So, at splashdown, they will have *almost* completed one orbit.

Worth noting that Starship's plan to fly from Texas to Hawaii is eastward and not westward (as I understand it). So, at splashdown, they will have *almost* completed one orbit.

Right. And this is not a landing or controlled splashdown as we usually think of it. It’s going to “land” in the ocean (if it makes it that far). I don’t know if SpaceX plans to try to recover it, or if it’s just going to sink. The booster is also not going to land on land. It’s going to “land” in the Gulf.

It should be quite a show! Unfortunately, I’m traveling on those dates and might not get to watch it live.

Updade: the launch is rather expected "... the third week of April":

:questions:

Yes, I was reading this morning that the April 10th date is for non-flight testing. There was also a hint of trying to catch environmentalists flat footed so the actual launch date has been deliberately kept discreet. They are threatening lawsuits and stop orders. The guess is that as soon as they get regulatory approval, they will load and launch withing hours.

I follow exactly one Twitter account - that of SpaceX. The latest tweet from SpaceX (about an hour ago) says “Starship is fully stacked at Starbase. Team is working towards a launch rehearsal next week followed by Starship’s first integrated flight test ~week later pending regulatory approval.” Pics of the full stack are included.

Let’s see if this embed works…

"

Last edited:
If one believes the launch schedule on Spaceflightnow.com, and if the Starship goes on the 17th, SpaceX has three launches in three days including both Starship and Falcon Heavy, one from each of three of its four launch sites (LC-39A and 40 in Florida, Starbase in Texas). Wow! And that is after Transporter 7 out of Vandeburg tomorrow night.

Of course that's not likely to actually happen, but still .... wow!

I’m really looking forward to this. It looks like the SpaceX livestream starts around 5:15 am Pacific. I’m not getting up that early. I should probably be good starting within 2 hours of the beginning of the stream, right? If I’m watching by 7 am, that should be early enough, correct?

EDIT: Ugh. Looks like I’m probably wrong about that. The 150-minute window is between 5 am and 7:30 am PDT. Boo. I’m tired. I don’t want to get up that early!

Last edited:
Back