when do you all go back to school?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketsonly

Reaction score
I've noticed many kids hanging around The Rocketry Forum at odd hours throughout the day. When do you all go back to school? Some of the schools in my area started last Wednesday, luckily for me my school starts at the end of the month :D .

I think we're trying to go towards "year round school", with a month during the summer, winter and spring...

Here in Northern Virginia (Fairfax County), my kids always start the day after Labor Day.

Next Thursday, the 19th I think. Most schools in Nebraska are about a week later though

Hehe, lucky them!! I started last Wednesday, we get out May 25, but the good thing is that we get almost and extra month of summer, they just passed a law in NC where we cant go back before August 25

I am with illini868891... mine also start right after Labor Day. Must be a midwest thing.

Carl

Originally posted by Justin Horne
So i've got a while yet...:)

You've got a while to go, how bout a warm up, gettin ready question...... A gourmet jelly bean company can produce 100,000 pounds of jelly beans a day. One ounce of these jelly beans contain 100 callories. If there are 800 jelly beans in a pound, how many jelly beans can be made in one day?

Or, using 8 coins how can you maake change for 65 cents that will not make change for a quarter??

(my pre algebra homework.. haha)

First: 100,000...:)
And im too lazy too even try the second...:D

(8x+3) * (3x-7)

Well, your turn...:)
Actually, not that hard if youve taken the class, i just am trying to not think too much into math...:)

Originally posted by Justin Horne
First: 100,000...:)
And im too lazy too even try the second...:D

(8x+3) * (3x-7)

Well, your turn...:)
Actually, not that hard if youve taken the class, i just am trying to not think too much into math...:)

Is the answer to your first one 100,00?? I got 800,000! the second one is 2 quaters a dime and a nickel

Originally posted by karatekicker271
Is the answer to your first one 100,00?? I got 800,000! the second one is 2 quaters a dime and a nickel

Oh.. I thought the first was a trick question and barely read it, so my answer now is: beats me...

I thought a quarter could make change for a quarter, plus, that's only 4 coins. :confused:

now, one fifty cent piece, two nickels and five pennies=
$.65 and is 8 coins at the same time

the answer to the other one is 160,000,000 calloriepounds;)

25,600,000,000,000,000 ouncecallories if you need another way to state it:)

Originally posted by xenon
I thought a quarter could make change for a quarter, plus, that's only 4 coins. :confused:

now, one fifty cent piece, two nickels and five pennies=
$.65 and is 8 coins at the same time

the answer to the other one is 160,000,000 calloriepounds;)

Your answer is right, but the 100 callories was in there as extra info/ confusion tactic. And now my dad is tellin me the answer to the jelly bean queston is 80,000,000? I dunno, lol

wow you guys are smart i didnt even try to figure that one out. maby i should post MY homework questions here for you guys to figure out:D

You've got a while to go, how bout a warm up, gettin ready question...... A gourmet jelly bean company can produce 100,000 pounds of jelly beans a day. One ounce of these jelly beans contain 100 callories. If there are 800 jelly beans in a pound, how many jelly beans can be made in one day?

Or, using 8 coins how can you maake change for 65 cents that will not make change for a quarter??

(my pre algebra homework.. haha)

Oh I figured it out, it's very simple. The calories is extra info to throw you off. Thing about it. They make 100,000 pounds in a day. There are 800 beans a pound, so its just 800 times 100,000. Once I actually looked at it, it makes me really want to be in your math class! (going to geometry)

Originally posted by CTulanko
I am with illini868891... mine also start right after Labor Day. Must be a midwest thing.

Carl

Not quite. I start in a couple weeks or less :(

This is a great thread even if it *isn't* about the thread topic... LOL

Actually, to answer the question, Jen goes back to school (college) after labor day and Joe the last week of August. Me? I've never left school, be it the "School of Hard Knocks, U." or some accredited school... :)

Now, on to the fun stuff... :D

I have a coin in each hand. One of them is NOT a nickle. Together they total $0.55 (55 cents). What are the two coins?

Yes, we are talking standard U.S. money here... :rolleyes:

I saw that, i tried to divide 100k by 800... I knew the calories had to be throwoff data though.

Originally posted by jflis

Actually, to answer the question, Jen goes back to school (college) after labor day and Joe the last week of August. Me? I've never left school, be it the "School of Hard Knocks, U." or some accredited school... :)

Now, on to the fun stuff... :D

I have a coin in each hand. One of them is NOT a nickle. Together they total $0.55 (55 cents). What are the two coins?

A 50c piece and a nickel..:)

Originally posted by jflis

Either A- the other coin is a nickel and then a 50 cent piece or
B-you got me

How about this one...

A guy walks into a store and buys something for $9.59 his wife followed him in and spent $23.47 on something else. They leave, how much did he spend all together?

Hey, did you edit it?! Now it says how much together, but the last time it said how much did he spend??? Right???:confused: :rolleyes:

Okay, If you are still confused, yes, I did edit it and yes the answer was $9.59 and is now again.............

Back