when can you get the vaccine?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am surprised, only 126 million in front of me. Essential worker really bumps your place up.
Removing my essential worker class sends me down to 268 million in front .

"Very few" according to that article. We will see when it is offered to us. Our frequency of exposure is lower than others in the hospital, but we also perform the highest risk activities. I'd prefer to see the ICU staff and more healthcare workers who's health is more compromised than mine be vaccinated first.

Says 23.0 million ahead of me. I've got diabetes, essential worker (HAVE to interact with hundreds of people daily), and age as "pluses" in this case.

So that might mean possibly in 2 months or less before I might get the vaccine (that is, first of two since most seem to be a 2-shot series 3 to 4 weeks apart thing).

Well, if various vaccines get approved, no production screw-ups, "Operation Warp Speed" does not turn into "Operation More Broken Promises", and/or more continued incompetence does not get in the way.

And then there's those who will refuse to get the vaccines, moving everybody else up.

I wish there was some way that mask-refusers could be moved to the VERY BACK of the line.

Last edited:
268 million for me.

The wait will be frustrating no doubt, but I expect to be encouraged by ongoing reports of numbers vaccinated through the first few months of the year, hopefully accompanied by gradual reduction of the case counts.

That tool shows me pretty much at the end of the line, which is what I'd been anticipating. Good news for me is NM has decided to have a Phase 1C, which would include everyone over the age of 60, which ought to move me up some.

On the suggestion that the no-maskers be moved to the very back of the line -- based on some of the responses here, I get a sense they may be taking care of that all by themselves. Thank you; gets me mine sooner.

On the suggestion that the no-maskers be moved to the very back of the line -- based on some of the responses here, I get a sense they may be taking care of that all by themselves.
Unlikely. For many, As it gets harder and harder to deny the fecal-turbine interaction (meaning when it is THEIR mother or father or husband or wife or kid breathing through a tube) they will be screaming to get the shot. For others, even though mask wearing WILL still be strongly recommended EVEN FOR VACCINATED PEOPLE, to protect the unvaccinated until a combination of previous infections and vaccinations (the proportion of which to which is at this point uncertain) gets us to herd immunity...... anyway, until then these are going to be the first to openly shuck their masks after their second shot because they don’t care about anybody but themselves and their own convenience. In doing so they quite likely will infect and kill a number of those behind them in the line. Sad.

In LA County, I only have 7.9 million in front of me... if we have to stand 6' apart, that's only a 8,977 mile line. Guessing I'll have time to pick up a Starbucks or two... :)

On the suggestion that the no-maskers be moved to the very back of the line -- based on some of the responses here, I get a sense they may be taking care of that all by themselves. Thank you; gets me mine sooner.

You're welcome . . . The rest of us are sitting back, watching & waiting for the unknown, long-term, effects of the vaccine to surface.

Dave F.

You're welcome . . . The rest of us are sitting back, watching & waiting for the unknown, long-term, effects of the vaccine to surface.

Dave F.
You may be right. In any case, I wish you and yours continue to be well.

Meanwhile the extra arm I grew since my first shot is coming in quite handy.

Dave F.
It's very unlikely there are any, and if there are they are almost certain to be the same as the long term effects of covid itself. In the meantime, there are known at least medium term effects from covid, and of course known long term effects from dying of it.

All of you waiting to move up the list, there will be a ton of spots available. Last I read, better than 50% of the population in the US said they would not be taking it. I personally don't know of a single person that is willing to take it in my group of friends, family, colleagues and clients.
Let's see... my mother in law got her first shot yesterday, my wife's sister and her husband have gotten it (one of her brothers, and his wife, got covid. His experience -- he wasn't quite hospitalized -- helped the rest of the family want the vaccination). My son in law's brother has gotten his (he got covid, so he was in a study to see the effects of the vaccine on a covid survivor). My daughter can't get it until April at the earliest, as they didn't do safety studies on pregnant women. I'm sure I could think of some more if I thought about it. Come to think of it, I've got some nieces who are physicians, so of course they've either had the vaccine or will be getting it very soon.

Last edited:
Says 23.0 million ahead of me. I've got diabetes, essential worker (HAVE to interact with hundreds of people daily), and age as "pluses" in this case.

So that might mean possibly in 2 months or less before I might get the vaccine (that is, first of two since most seem to be a 2-shot series 3 to 4 weeks apart thing).

Well, if various vaccines get approved, no production screw-ups, "Operation Warp Speed" does not turn into "Operation More Broken Promises", and/or more continued incompetence does not get in the way.

And then there's those who will refuse to get the vaccines, moving everybody else up.

I wish there was some way that mask-refusers could be moved to the VERY BACK of the line.

Operation Warp Speed applied to getting the vaccine approved and it got approved within a year when normally it might have taken five years or more.

Last edited:
Back