Whatsup with ebay now??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwingWing

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that every few days a different seller comes up with the same list of vintage kits? This week it's max814. He has 2 crusaders, 2 commanches, 2 redstones, 2 mini shuttles, 2 4 rocket combos, 2 hojo's and some other stuff. This is at least the 4th different seller with the exact same inventory. What giives? Anyone purchased from any of them?

Look here:https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2567&item=5914154476&rd=1

Click on "view the sellers other items".

ok, I guess after further review, it has been Max814 all along, he has just put up the same list about 4 or 5 times. Where do you suppose he is getting all of those vintage kits?

I hope he's got a big huge storage box, 'cause I just won one of those Crusaders.

If you look at the pictures of some of the "OLD",( 10-20 years)kits on ebay; the plastic bags seem rather new looking! The bags Estes used were just plain plastic & I don't think the old kits were stored in argon gas to stop them from aging! Some one was selling for a time kits from the 1960's & the bags were like new! They should have a bit of browning or a foggy look! I have one real old kit that was in my mom's house we just found(a MARK from about 1969 -NO not for sale!!) & it looks old-the bag is yellow! There is money to be made is all I am saying if you get my drift!
Aron

"Vintage" commanche 3's and Redstones?? Didn't they just stop making those like two years ago?

Originally posted by Aron Sanford
If you look at the pictures of some of the "OLD",( 10-20 years)kits on ebay; the plastic bags seem rather new looking! The bags Estes used were just plain plastic & I don't think the old kits were stored in argon gas to stop them from aging! Some one was selling for a time kits from the 1960's & the bags were like new! They should have a bit of browning or a foggy look! I have one real old kit that was in my mom's house we just found(a MARK from about 1969 -NO not for sale!!) & it looks old-the bag is yellow! There is money to be made is all I am saying if you get my drift!
Aron

I "get" what you're saying. Illegal copies are a huge problem on Ebay in all categories. I bought some software one time on Ebay and when I got it, it turned out to be a burned CD-R. The seller bent over backwards to satisfy me so I would "keep my mouth shut."

I guess we can find a 'certain bridge' for sale then?!?!

But I beleive I once bought it, along with some 'land' in south Florida..

Basically, unless you're buying it on spec yourself - you want to save it as a collectible until some glorious day when it becomes way, way MORE valuable - it doesn't really matter.

If you're buying it to build and fly, it doesn't matter if it's an original vintage kit or a clone kit, as long as you've got all the parts.

Bottom line - let the buyer beware.

Originally posted by SwingWing
ok, I guess after further review, it has been Max814 all along, he has just put up the same list about 4 or 5 times. Where do you suppose he is getting all of those vintage kits?

Well, a lot of hobby shops have gone out of business over the years... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by JStarStar
Well, a lot of hobby shops have gone out of business over the years... :rolleyes:

Musta been a well stocked shop, over 10 each Crusader, HoJo, redstones, Mini shuttles and Jupiter - c

Doesn't everybody have 10 Jupiter-C's and 10 Maxi-Honest Johns stored away????

Heck, I've got 10 Titan-III's myself. And I'm not a collector!!! :)

CTimm

I bought an Estes Eggspress from max814.

It's the genuine article.

The bag is actually yellowed from where the Eggspress cone has rubbed against it all these years.

Very nice, honest seller. Great communication. Quick delivery.

If you have doubts, check out his feedback rating.

I don't know where he got all those kits, but I'm glad he did, and that he put them up on eBay.:D

Originally posted by CTimm
Doesn't everybody have 10 Jupiter-C's and 10 Maxi-Honest Johns stored away????

Heck, I've got 10 Titan-III's myself. And I'm not a collector!!! :)

CTimm

I don't. Is that bad?

Originally posted by Gus
I bought an Estes Eggspress from max814.

It's the genuine article.

The bag is actually yellowed from where the Eggspress cone has rubbed against it all these years.

Very nice, honest seller. Great communication. Quick delivery.

If you have doubts, check out his feedback rating.

I don't know where he got all those kits, but I'm glad he did, and that he put them up on eBay.:D

Well I'm glad they are genuine too! It just seemed a little to good to be true, and you know about that! I wonder how many more he has???

Back