What's your drive time to the launch?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would You buy a clear(and possibly lighted) nose cone?

• Yes

• No

• Need to know more about cost

• Need more information

• Yes

• No

• Need to know more about cost

• Need more information

Results are only viewable after voting.
We just have to walk over to our side yard and we are ready to go for most A-B-C rockets, and even a few of the low-flier D or E birds. If they drift over a fence we can usually get them back before someone's cow or horse gets to it.
I have a nice school field about 10 minutes away if I need bigger spaces. There is also some open space about 15 min away, over near Lake Benbrook on the Corps of Engineers' property, but it is grassy (fire problem? definitely a major chigger risk!) and I am too chicken to find out how many snakes are out-n-about on any given day.

For just a quicky, I can get to the UMASS field in about 10 minutes. My CATO meets are about a 3 hour round trip for Durham and probably 4 hours for Sterling.

My home club, BluesRocks, is a 3 hour drive. I've launched with MC2, in Manchester quite often, which is about 3-3.5 depending on Nashville traffic. Another location, until loss of field came about, was with HARA, in Ardmore, AL. A 3.5 hour drive. I've not yet been to MSRS, in Memphis, which should be another 3-3.5 hours, or St. Louis, 3-3.5 hours. For club launches, it's a day of driving no matter where I go. However, when the fields are empty, I've got a good MPR field 5 minutes away. 2500 ft flights can be easily recovered on field in light winds, and the local volunteer fire department is on one side of the field.

I'm about two minutes walking distance from a A- small B field that we own
It's about 5 minutes to drive to a field good for low G motors.
After that it is 2.5 hours to our club's High Power field

Back