What's your build area, shop, room look like?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't this what it is suppose to look like ?? :)

Attachments

• v2 parts and shop pics 011.JPG
    v2 parts and shop pics 011.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 86
  • v2 parts and shop pics 013.JPG
    v2 parts and shop pics 013.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 91
  • v2 parts and shop pics 014.JPG
    v2 parts and shop pics 014.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 91
  • v2 parts and shop pics 015.JPG
    v2 parts and shop pics 015.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 92
  • v2 parts and shop pics 012.JPG
    v2 parts and shop pics 012.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 87
After looking at your shops, I'd neve post a photo of mine.
I've got a folding table set up in my kitchen, which is piled with parts and tools and downstairs I have a drill press, band saw and bench sander on a computer desk, also piled with crap. I'm using the shower in my downstairs bathroom to store boxes of rocket parts.
I'd make a shop in my garage, but it's full of drift boats, canoes and bicycles, and I'd have to heat it.

Doesn't matter how humble it is as long as something cool comes out of it!

Observation 1: every shop seems to have at least 3 hobbies. Love seeing what everyone is into.
Observation 2: The ideal building space is clearly n+1 square feet. :p
I'll try to share my mess err... workspace... when I get home.

We bought our house 2 years ago and it was immediately decide by my wife that the basement is too cold and grungy for her.
It's all mine! But I also really like legos so I have to share with my son (this just means he is into all my hobbies as well, hard to complain too much at that)

Wall of tools and main bench for construction of rockets/electronics/computers
IMG_20201221_211248655[1].jpg
Secondary bench for projects in build limbo. Old computers that I haven't decided what to do with yet. And kites that aren't yet in their winter home. Drying shelf on the far wall
IMG_20201221_211254599[1].jpg
Bonus picture of the adjacent room. Old game systems and gaming computers and a ton of legos.
IMG_20201221_211216593[1].jpg

We bought our house 2 years ago and it was immediately decide by my wife that the basement is too cold and grungy for her.
It's all mine! But I also really like legos so I have to share with my son (this just means he is into all my hobbies as well, hard to complain too much at that)
1) Basement all to yourself: check
2) Shared hobbies with kid: check
3) Lego: check

You're living the dream, buddy.

Very nice Turbo! I've been flying C/L on and off for a very long time. Electric is the way to go seems to me although I haven't done it yet. Much better than cleaning up the fuel residue and so much quieter. Nice looking Streak! Have fun with it!

I posted my garage work space earlier but have decided - with my Wife's approval, to build a shed. A Rocket Shed, not as fancy as The Skunk Works ;-> but a bigger space than what I have. I can build up to 200 sq feet without a permit (Bixby, OK). Need to decide on a reasonable size based on cost effectiveness (ie - build in units of 4"). I also need to figure out electricity and a cooling option. I think a "Salt Box" style with a non-peaked roof that is slightly angled away from the door, a single door (not double) to lessen the chance a lawn mower will deposit itself in my work space. Thoughts? Suggestions?

This thread is exactly what I was hoping for, keep the pictures coming. Maybe I'll get around to posting up a picture of my 1 car garage/man cave I rent here at the condos.

This thread is exactly what I was hoping for, keep the pictures coming. Maybe I'll get around to posting up a picture of my 1 car garage/man cave I rent here at the condos.
I could add my 5x6 shed that I use for a paint shack. One side houses the lawn mower, the other corner looks like a multicolored alien was murdered there.

Here's my workshop, mandatory allocation while the one car space is for my wife's van. Don't look too close at the homemade workbench, I totally goofed on some dimensions, but then decided to use it anyway lol.IMG_20201225_143830.jpgIMG_20201225_143849.jpg

I finally have two pictures of my one car garage I'm renting

mhY4sdE.jpg
vYNrpBD.jpg

Back