Whats your avatar mean

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elapid

Reaction score
mine is pretty self-explanitory, i think.
it is a sign seen on the autobahn in germany that means "end of all limits and regulations"

isn't that FUNNY!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Elapid
it is a sign seen on the autobahn in germany that means "end of all limits and regulations"

I had no idea what your avatar meant, some of them are kind of hard to decipher. Mine is a test of a proposed lunar suit from the 1960's. It would be fun to build one as a costume, I already have a Mars suit I made a few years ago.

shrox

MWB my nick

Those are hops because hops are tops. Hops are to beer what fins are to rockets.

Originally posted by Manwithbeers
MWB my nick

Those are hops because hops are tops. Hops are to beer what fins are to rockets.
Hopland, Calif. is about 150 miles south of us.

shrox

Nothing in particular...

(1) I just happen to like the NiKe Hercules

(2) I can't seem to come up with a moving avatar that ha mall enough file size!

Originally posted by Elapid

except for the passing laws, and the slow for construction limit...

mines a band...

Mine has changed quite a bit over the years...it started with my PML AMRAAM 4 , then my Full Scale AMRAAM to my Super Deuces Wild and finally , don't choke, my FA-18 R/C jet I have been flying as of late. NO, I have not gone to the dark side!;) I just diversify my hobbies... :D

Carl

Hey, carl changed his avatar! :p

Dont worry, I am interested in hobby planes too :D

Flamable Solid placard...

What most of us put in the business end of a rocket, flamable solids...unless of course you are a die hard "gasser" for hybrids...

I don't think mine means anything...it is a cool picture though....

I've been playing around with several different ones... you know as the mood strikes... but I seem to always end up with the(this) one I started with...!!!

It's the best picture I ever took, of Les Derkovitz' 5" rocket at BALLS. It corresponds to my status well, because the propellant in it is catalyzed with my favorite burn rate catalyst :)

(I like the color blue...)

Mine is taken from the "Mr. Sparkle" episode of the Simpsons, one of the funniest episodes ever!

Mine is, at present, the comic book version of me, from an online comic (DownSHIFT!) I do web work for.

My avatar is a clipart I found that resembled a caricature that was done of me holding a rocket. My actual picture would scare too many people in the forum!

Mine is a still frame from an onboard video that I did with an Intel DMC back in '02. You can see the video w/ sound in its entirety <a href="https://home1.gte.net/res0xphr/video.htm">HERE</a>.

Mine fits me Perfectly
though i do have a job now, so i guess i should change it.

Mine is a pic of one of my rockets flying on one of my EX motors.

Originally posted by joepolicy
My avatar is a clipart I found that resembled a caricature that was done of me holding a rocket. My actual picture would scare too many people in the forum!

LOL that's one of the clipart pieces from the CorelDraw CD. It's a vector image so I was able to remove the rocket he his holding and replace it with the A.C.M.E. Spitfire.

He appears on the coverart of the ACME Spitfire, appearing to have pulled the rocket out of a wooden crate with the thought bubble "Oh man, what was I thinking?!"

kewl :)

Mine is the logo for my company, Saturn Press. I picked Saturn because it's both the name of a rocket and a planet, and as I've always been an astronomy fan, I thought I might eventually do astronomy books, too. I gave thought to "Jupiter Press" as well. The planet Saturn is carefully proportioned from data published on the polar and equatorial diameters of Saturn, as well as the diameters of its rings, dating back to the 1970's. I picked the tilt, both towards you and to the side, arbitrarily--I thought it looked cool. At the time I did the logo, I had drawn the Saturn I, IB, and V in various versions, and after trying each of them, I just thought that the Block I Saturn I looked nicest with the planet.

I used the logo here because I thought the space was too tiny for a clear photo.

When Cydermaster chnaged his avatar to one pretty similar to Wik's I started getting mixed up (as I do) about who was posting. I think I use avatars to see who it is...

Originally posted by Mike
When Cydermaster chnaged his avatar to one pretty similar to Wik's I started getting mixed up (as I do) about who was posting. I think I use avatars to see who it is...

So you use a person's avatar to visualize them? If so you must think of me as a shivering, inflatable rubber ring. That's pretty disturbing, Mike!

Yea so do I, some times I think, hmmm... something tan. must be Neil. Something red. must be WiK. Darn, it's Cyder.

Don't know why.

Mike: Try looking up a lil bit, and you'll find a screename there!
:D

When was Dan's av like mine?

*WiK Slaps Cyderdermaster around with a trout (For having a similar avatar to me)

;)

Mine is meant to be an AIM icon, which was available on the Linkin Park fan club website. I thought it looked cool so I have that!

I like yours Elapid, but I had no idea what it meant before you explained!

Phil

Mine's an X-Wing fighter, because I'm just a big ol' Star Wars geek. :D

(And, the license plate on my PT Cruiser is "X WING 1.")

Originally posted by WiK
When was Dan's av like mine?

I think it was when he had the "RANCID" one. They weren't too similar, they had pretty similar colours and both moved...that was enough to trick my brain!

Originally posted by jflis
LOL that's one of the clipart pieces from the CorelDraw CD. It's a vector image so I was able to remove the rocket he his holding and replace it with the A.C.M.E. Spitfire.

He appears on the coverart of the ACME Spitfire, appearing to have pulled the rocket out of a wooden crate with the thought bubble "Oh man, what was I thinking?!"

kewl :)

Doh! I never realized that until you mentioned it. I usually break open my FlisKits packages and start working without even looking at the purty coverart. I looked at 20 different cliparts and decided on that one - must have been some sort of subFlisimal suggestion:) Hmm, I like that A.C.M.E. better, (A Deuce would be best). I feel an avatar change coming on!

My avitar is the label from the 45rpm 7" single of The Specials' cover of Dandy Livingstone's "A Message to you Rudy". Hokky animated it, to give it that extra 'retro' feel. Making it look like it used to on my ex-jumble-sale-Dansette, as I grooved round my bedroom in my Harrington jacket & Fred Perry t-shirt.

I think the avitar Mike is refering to is my last 'Rancid' one. I agree it looked a little like WiK's, at a quick glance. Thats one of the reasons I changed.

Latest posts

Back