What's that one thing...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
You forget to bring to the field?!

You prepped the night before, made a list, did a few sims even. You assembled, a motor maybe, you definitely charged the batteries, and even had a last minute dash to the local hobby shop.. The car is loaded, and you're a good 1/2 way there. Tunes are playing, the drive-thru coffee is lukewarm & half drunk, and you remember.. you sigh and you mutter.. crud... you sink a little into the car seat as you do 72mph down the highway..

You can picture it sitting on the table, the stairs, in the foyer... You even placed it beside our keys.. That one thing you forgot....

What is it..

For me.. Always either paper towel or baby wipes. Always something to wipe my hands with, to clean up..

I forgot the table earlier this year. It was a new table and I was excited to have more space to work with. Even left it out in the garage thinking I’d forget it if I brought it into the workshop.

Forgot it all the same. :D

Loaded the PVC masts and pipe supports, steel U bolt stakedowns, standoff and deflector...…..but forgot the rail!

Aging gracefully is a pipe dream. Getting old sucks.

Nothing yet. I’ve only been to three launches. All out of state.

Arrive at the launch after the X hour drive and remember you can only pay in cash for registration... Enough said?

I use a checklist for launches now. Before it used to be trash bags or paper towels, although I did forget a motor case once, thus the checklist.

Yup, checklists here, too. I have a summer list and a winter list. Even includes "cash!" But I do have that one thing that I keep forgetting to bring home! I started taking a stepstool so my kids can stand high enough to put their LPR on the rods. I end up leaving it there. I'm thinking about donating it to the club and getting a new one for around the house.

Every launch is different. Once was a bulkhead to my A/V bay. Once was some parts to my PVC stand, this last time it was trash bags.

Most of the time it is either trash bags and/or baby wipes. Once was my tablet, no open rocket..... Even had spent the night before running sims for all the rockets I was going to fly that day. Good thing for thrustcurve.

Once I forgot my wallet. Luckily, for better or worse, our local rocketry vendor has my credit card number in their system.

If I forget something, it's something different each time. Probably the worst was two years ago at our club's largest annual event I forgot the receiver for my tracker. Kept all my flights under 6k ft so I could use the eyedometer for tracking. Fortunately, I pack two motors for every rocket - one for a high flight and one for a lower flight (winds can pick up out there). After that I consolidated all my electronics to a single box.

Back