What's on your Christmas list this year?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello,

It has been a great year for LPR model rocketry. What LPR stuff do you have on your Christmas list this year?

Best regards,
Brian

Well on mine this year I have :

Estes Shuttle Express
Estes Fatboy
Estes Phantom
Estes Big Daddy
Semroc Mark II
Estes Bull Pup 12D
Estes Outlander
Fliskits Tres
Fliskits Duece (2nd one)
Fliskits Triskelion
SLS Sky Hook

Karl

Well, I was checking my paypal acount and noticed a large discrepancy!:confused:

Before I freaked out too badly I checked to see what it was. I do believe I now know who the thief was...my WIFE:eek:

She made a rather LARGE purchase and used Paypal to pay for it!

I really don't think my wife wants a 1/12 scale Mercury Capsule for herself.

Talk about clumsy! My wife would make a lousy spy!

Hmmm...maybe a really big Little Joe I:D

Fliskits
Corona
Triskelion
Sting Ray
Estes
Mercury Redstone
Burt Rutan’s Spaceship One
Dr Zooch
Saturn V
Custom
Tristar
Quest
Pulsar
Intruder
Semroc
Mark II
Triton
Lil Hercules
Sunward
Phoenix
Liberator

Andy

Well, first off I want a little time to finish what I've started (and not started yet)!! :D

Next on my list is to try some Fliskits stuff. And maybe some more scale stuff like a Phoenix. And even though I now have an Alway Saturn V (not started of course) I'd like to get the Estes Saturn V - the later model.

Flying wise I still want to try out my video camera and my RMS motors.

Too many toys - too little time!

With the number of my built, needs paint, still in the bag, and scratch rockets begging to be built at 520 now, I've been told by my entire family NOT to expect any rockets for Christmas this year. However, the RockSim software was considered a legitimate request, so hopefully I will have some rocketry-related items under the tree this year. :)

In no particular order

RocketPad - Lacrosse
Fliskits - Tres
Art Applewhite - any 24mm design ~ although a Stealth would be cool
Thrustline - Smoke & Fire
Qmodeling - MRS Snooper
Edmonds - Geminee Thunder
ASP - Super Loki Dart

I want AT 24 and 29mm reload casing hardware, and about $125 to spend at BMS on tubes, rings, custom cuts, etc.

Oh, and about another $100 in spending money for Sandman's custom work.

Come to think of it, I probably need another $50 to $100 for Excelsior Rocketry stuff too (Astronboy's decals.)

:eek:

:kill: :kill: :kill:

;) :D :cool:

I made a list of what's done / started / in the bag yet and I have:

• 10 that are done (or done enough to fly - 5 have flown)
  • 6 that are in some form of completion, some only needed finish paint & decals
  • 12 that are "in the bag" but three of those are going away (pay forward)

I think I'd like to build a Semroc Laser-X, too.
Could be a long cold winter, though, and might need something to do...

I'd like some software as well but in my way of thinking it's just too expensive!

i just put down gift certificates for Fliskits, and any ol' motors ;) KISS :cool:

i have a number of rockets in variouse stages of buing built/finished... and i need more time/room to do them! not something most people could give me for Christmas tho :p

Thrustline and Fliskits parts for scratch work......and the time to work on what I already have.

It's not really lpr, but:
AT Mirage
AT Initiator
AT 3 motor case set
Assorted rocket motors

In the LPR category:
Estes Blackbird (I crashed my old one at the last launch)
Estes big bertha (I have one already, but this one'll get a 24mm mount)
Assorted Estes motors (Esp. E9-6's - I use those like crazy in my Mean Machine)

D12-5 motors for my upscale night flying clusters
A10-PT motors for 4xA cluster altitude prototyping.
Estes H powered set-up (just for fun)
Lots of micro maxx misc. parts and tubes. 100's in the works.

Wish list all estes X-prise models.

1. A NAR membership, since I'm not a member just yet.
2. Estes Blast-Off Flight Pack of 24 18-mm motors from Michael's, using the weekly 40% off coupon

I don't actually *need* any kits right now, since I have about 8-10 that are still unbuilt.

But...

3. Fliskits Triskelion or Rhino or Praetor or Cheetah...
4. The time, ability, and patience to build and *finish* really good-looking rockets.

Hmmm

Estes Builders special (I want to start hacking my own kits)
Blast off pack (can never have too many motors)
Some Semroc kits (SLS Javelin, Jaguar, Goliath ,Sky Hook)
Maybe a midpower entry kit like a USR Fire and Forget.
NAR membership would be nice, but funds are limited.

I noticed that Rebar Rocketry has the <a href="https://tinyurl.com/5ynqn">Estes Designer's Special</a> for $45.97 and their own <a href="https://tinyurl.com/4ytzq">Rebar Roundup</a> for $34.97. They look pretty comparable, though I don't know exactly what's in the Estes pack.

Originally posted by JRThro
I don't know exactly what's in the Estes pack.

Exactly! That's the draw for me--you never know what kind of long out of production nose cone might show up in one.

Originally posted by MetMan
Exactly! That's the draw for me--you never know what kind of long out of production nose cone might show up in one.

I can understand that, but that's not much of a draw for me since I've only been involved in model rocketry since June of this year.

If I may...

A few 'Scale Kit' kits, which I hads to 'give to myself'. They shoudl be here soon.

(and, since we are popping upto my wife's freind's house for new years, I *need* these kits to keep me saine!! the wife & freind will be giggling & girlei stuff all week-end!! Might also bring my RC palne to fly off the lake, provided it's frozen enough!)

and teh non- rocketry stuff:
Fly Rod
Newspinnign rod & reel

Clash 'Sandanista'

Originally posted by JRThro
I can understand that, but that's not much of a draw for me since I've only been involved in model rocketry since June of this year.

ok, we've set the stage... ...that's JRThro quote up there...

...now, here is JRThro's sig line:

As of 20 Nov 04:
Built and Flown: Estes No. 2 Skywriter, Estes Freaky Flyer (lost), Estes Stars & Stripes, Quest Mirage, Estes Patriot Missile (stuck in tree), Quest Intruder, Quest Antari, Quest Totally Tubular, bashed Quest Commander (used 3 kits), bashed Estes Stars & Stripes (same one listed above), Quest Super Bird, Quest Pip Squeak, shortened non-payload-carrying Quest Icarus
Built and Not Yet Flown: Estes Hi-Flier
Under Construction: BT-5-based downscale of DG&A Armageddon, Quest M2Q2 Lifting Body
Still in Packaging: Quest Icarus (second one), Quest Zenith II, Quest Apollo, Quest Tomahawk SLCM Cruise Missile (2 of them), Quest Harpoon, Estes Fireflash, Estes Mongoose, Estes Polaris

now, that's MY kind of beginner! whew! :D

I have a Canadian Arrow on the list, but it looks like I'm out of luck. :( I hope my MIL gets me the usual gift certificate to a local hobby shop that sells AT motors and reloads. As a kind of reverse gift to myself, my sons are each getting a SLS Scorpion, and one of them will get a Triskelion and the other a Recruiter. We will have tons of fun building them this winter. I ordered a Goblin upscale NC from Sandman, which is my direct gift to myself. Unfortunately, it is not really my in wife's comfort zone to order the stuff I need from online vendors. I'd need a couple nice hemisphere chutes, say 30" and 36" with red/white/black gores, and various tubing and MMTs.

Ok well not Xmas and not on my list, but I did get a Big Daddy and a pack of D12-3's to go with it for Chanukah! I'm more of a scale guy, but my in laws figured I'm the Big Daddy of the family, so I should have the rocket. That's cool, I never actually owned a D powered rocket, so this should be some fun and will give me something to do during the cold NJ winter, along with the Estes LTV Scout I'm currently building.

Glenn

Originally posted by jflis
ok, we've set the stage... ...that's JRThro quote up there...

...now, here is JRThro's sig line:

(list abbreviated by JRT):
Built and Flown: 12
Built and Not Yet Flown: 1
Under Construction: 2
Still in Packaging: 9

now, that's MY kind of beginner! whew! :D

Hey, I have a LOT of catching up to do, and since I'll never be a BAR I have to get it all done as soon as I can!
:)

(And I see I need to fix my signature, since that downscale Armageddon is BT-50-based, not BT-5...although that might be fun, too.)

BTW, I'll never be a BAR because if I get out of the hobby for 20 or so years before getting back into it, I'll be almost 70. So I have got to do it all now!

Better check my recent post on the Canadian Arrow.
;)

Originally posted by rbeckey
I have a Canadian Arrow on the list, but it looks like I'm out of luck. :( I hope my MIL gets me the usual gift certificate to a local hobby shop that sells AT motors and reloads. As a kind of reverse gift to myself, my sons are each getting a SLS Scorpion, and one of them will get a Triskelion and the other a Recruiter. We will have tons of fun building them this winter. I ordered a Goblin upscale NC from Sandman, which is my direct gift to myself. Unfortunately, it is not really my in wife's comfort zone to order the stuff I need from online vendors. I'd need a couple nice hemisphere chutes, say 30" and 36" with red/white/black gores, and various tubing and MMTs.

Originally posted by sandman
Well, I was checking my paypal acount and noticed a large discrepancy!:confused:

Before I freaked out too badly I checked to see what it was. I do believe I now know who the thief was...my WIFE:eek:

She made a rather LARGE purchase and used Paypal to pay for it!

I really don't think my wife wants a 1/12 scale Mercury Capsule for herself.

Talk about clumsy! My wife would make a lousy spy!

Hmmm...maybe a really big Little Joe I:D

Sorry guys for being so late to join the party...

I feel your pain, Sandman. My wife's been shopping for me on Ebay, using MY ACCOUNT. Bwaahahahahahahaha!!!!!

The tally so far:

The Right Stuff DVD
From the Earth to the Moon DVD
Aerotech Astrobee-D (okay, I put that one on watch as a "hint")

From the Earth to the Moon DVD

So is this Jules Vern or the Tom Hanks series!?

I only saw one of the Tom Hanks series and loved it! The one about deciding to send robots or astronauts to collect rocks from the moon. If the Tom Hanks DVD is coming out, I need to put that on my list too!

Looks like the "Jules Vern" ATV from ESA will fly next year - eh? Cool - can't wait! :cool:

Pat

Back