What's next?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Having to work from home has giving me some additional time and longer lunch hours to work on some of my build pile. The Cheetah is complete. Just needs to be sprayed with a clear coat and wet sanded and polished, but its off my work bench and now time to start another build. I t doesn't seem any launches will be happening any time soon , so I thought to take advantage of this time. Next up the Sumo. It will be a stock build and I also plan on including the piston with this build. I built this kit before about 5-6 years ago. Has it been that long?

I did an exceptional paint on it and my maiden flight was my L1 cert flight.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/finally-finished-my-sumo-ready-for-my-l1-launch.69398/
The second flight was a no go and it came in ballistic. Ouch! No fancy paint scheme this time. Just the standard red and yellow. I have some extra center rings left over from my G-Force and what I would like to do is add a 3rd ring and allow the retainer to butt flush against it, instead of setting back a few inches from it as in the original design and instructions. I might drill some holes in the ring to add a decorative pattern, but not sure yet?

Last edited:
Well here we go again. Pretty straight forward so far. No need to explain. Going to come back tomorrow and apply internal fillets. I did however spray the fins with a product call Bulldog adhesion promoter. Special note: I'm building this one stock including the elastic shock cord. No Kevlar and no nylon, but maybe a quick link and swivel for the chute? Exciting build right? For the money and time required to build, Aerotech puts out a good decent kit. These kits now come with a screw on retainer. The chute is pretty nice and silky. Looks like it packs up tight. My first Sumo I built the piston and decided not to use it. On this build I will be using it. I test fitted the piston and it fits perfect!!! Slides easily so i don't foresee any problems.

Attachments

• 20200427_184028.jpg
    20200427_184028.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200427_184011.jpg
    20200427_184011.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 17
Back