What's an addict to do????

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomopbo

Reaction score
ok,
I got put on PayPal restriction.
But got this list of rockets I want to buy, and I'm almost out of MOTORS!! Cool rockets an no motors is NO good. Guess I'm gonna have to put off that " to buy" list a little longer and go for motors.
Bummer...

PSSSST. Hey. Come here.

Here's the plan. Every time you go to WalMart, buy a single pack of motors. Now, my family is in that place every week or ten days max. The incremental accumulation of single packs goes virtually unnoticed in the budget (or by the budget keeper) and soon you have enough for a major launch.
;)

Pass it on!

pay palers anonimous eh?

well two things...

buy like 300 motors at once and deal with everyone pissed off, then when they get over it, youve got yourself a huge launch

or make your own motor, "accidentally" blow something up, which will make everyone want you to buy motors for their sake

Here's the plan. Every time you go to WalMart, buy a single pack of motors.

around here it's called "the rocket tax". and it applies to every errand to any store, not just mall-wart.

sure honey, I will run to Jo-Ann fabrics for you. (heh heh, I need a new big chute so we'll also get some rip stop nylon & polyester cord.)

sure honey, I will go to Safeway. (heh heh, they have glue & tape & bbq skewers which are great 1/8" dowel pieces.)

oh, I'd love to take the kids to Michaels to get school project stuff. (heh heh, lotsa great rocket stuff in there and they know it!)

REI? 9/16" tubular nylon.

hardware store? don't even get me started!

pathetically it looks like Toys R Bust has closed out their rocket stuff!! waaaah!!

sure honey, I will run to Jo-Ann fabrics for you. (heh heh, I need a new big chute so we'll also get some rip stop nylon & polyester cord.)

LOL!

My wife hands me a list and MAKES me buy everything she need at JoAnne's Fabric.

I get the Senior Citizen's discount...she doesn't.

sandman

Originally posted by rbeckey
Here's the plan. Every time you go to WalMart, buy a single pack of motors.

That's it. We're in that place at least once a week, usually more. I too, get at least 1 pack every trip, and before you know it, you've got a good stock built up. Too bad they don't sell AT motors.

Tim

It's still cheaper than golf...look at the price of a pack of good golf balls!!!
and in my case atleast ....golf balls are also single use expendables

LOL,
All good advice here!
I can tell I'm dealing with a lot of veterans!

i second that... 26 balls in 9 holes gone... uh oh... i feel a golf rocket coming on...

PSSSST. Hey. Come here.

Here's the plan. Every time you go to WalMart, buy a single pack of motors. Now, my family is in that place every week or ten days max. The incremental accumulation of single packs goes virtually unnoticed in the budget (or by the budget keeper) and soon you have enough for a major launch.
;)

Pass it on!

AMEN to that! LOL! My girlfriend already knows that it is a requirement to walk through the toy section just to look at the rocket stuff. I have gotten pretty used to collecting motors. It's quite funny how many accumulate after some time! I suppose it's also the anticipation of something new. Some days I hope to walk through there and see the kits hanging on the pegs.

PSSSST. Hey. Come here.

;)

Pass it on!

LOL!! I think there is a common thread here for those of us that cruise Walmart. Since I am the one that gets the soap and the toilet paper, a rocket tax is always enforced at Walmart! A little over 4 bucks... :D

This Wednesday they open a WalMart 1.5 miles from where I work (less if I take the mountain bike through the woods). We'll have to check the pump station, dig this, once a day! I might as well have direct deposit there instead of the bank. They are planning a Lowes by fall. I'll just get used to being broke, I guess!
Bob

Another tactic, is a simple three word phrase which I frequently use with my wife. "It's on sale". Works every time :)

Here's another idea........ When you go to the store (or any other place) don't give the cashier any change....... only whole dollars...... Then save the change you get back....... I did this for a few months last year........ In the end, I had over $250......... This is when I got my LOC Expeditor..............

Try paying yourself first.

I have a small bit of my paycheck sent over to another account, this is easy to setup with direct deposit.

I use this money to pay for my rocketry and woodworking hobbies.

Good luck I feel for you. Its not always easy too do when you have a monkey to feed and your wife does not understand.

Scott

It actually worked! I can't believe it!
I knew I could get away with the "rocket tax" if I ran the errands, but today I slid the ole "hey, you going by Wal-mart" in there. And asked if she minded picking up a pack of engines (for the kids of course!) AND IT WORKED!!!!

Originally posted by nomopbo
It actually worked! I can't believe it!
I knew I could get away with the "rocket tax" if I ran the errands, but today I slid the ole "hey, you going by Wal-mart" in there. And asked if she minded picking up a pack of engines (for the kids of course!) AND IT WORKED!!!!

You actually got your wife to buy FOR YOU??? WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!

My wife for TWO Christmas' in a row got me two Estes "Flight Packs" for my stocking!

Found 'em "ON SALE" at Toys-R-Us!

Two Christmas' 96 rocket engines!

Am I lucky or what!

sandman

nomopbo,
You can probably pick up a little extra rocket cash if you write down your procedure and sell it to the rest of us!

I am accustomed to boldly going into W-world . . . if I have any pocket cash left over at the end of the week to turn into rocket cash. Can't have too many motors.

Another good place to check is your local Michael's-----if you use the 40% off coupon from the Sunday paper, you can get a good buy on at least ONE pack of motors!

You actually got your wife to buy FOR YOU??? WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!

LOL, I couldn't believe it either. She actually called me on the cell phone to tell me what was there and see what I wanted. I fell out of my chair!

Back