What to do next

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This must come up a million times. I just finished a few scratchers. Thanks to The Launch Pad type inspiration, I could probably do another 20 TLP like missiles using 2.6 inch (66mm) tubing. I loved my Osirus MPM.

I also have a more KITS than you can possibly imagine. No... more than that... so sorry.... more than that. All collected back in the days (1999 to 2013). And that is after selling some of my best kits in a vain attempt to stave off the medical bill collectors and save my credit rating... both of which failed. I could build ANYTHING from Flis MicroMaxx kits to 100mm diameter 54mm MMT fiberglass kits. And everything in between. I have a few dozen BARCLONE designs I'd like to build. Some other things like the Low Boom SST, Anatar, Super Orbital Transport, Super Mars Snooper, or Rocketarium Super Chief, SA-2, Gadfly, or Roland. I think BT-60, 70, and 80 are real sweet spots.

Then I have the Pursley wraps... A Vindicator? I have the Estes tubing and nose cone...

Scratchers actually take a lot of work since most of the time, I am adapting as I go. I should have been a Marine. Kits are cool as there is a bit less brain work until finishing comes along. I almost never leave a stock finish. Almost.

Then there are motors. I have a pile of A10-0s. How? Who knows? Maybe a cluster scratcher with A10-0s and a central B4 or C6?
I don't know... it's a pile of riches (back when we did not have (out of network) medical bills - I have great insurance - sucking me dry paycheck to paycheck.
I found a stash of 1/2A6-4s!!! Now what little two stage would eat those? Of course I'd have to launch them by myself (yes I am aware of the NAR Expired Motor Program).
That same stash had A3-0s and A3-4s? Lil Augie?
And a stupid amount of D12-3s and -5's. Clusters? I love em. And they eat motors.

Beats me...
And then there are Neils designs...
Sigh!
I know I know ...violins playing

I have a pile of A10-0s.
rack rocket. 4 of those stacked, maybe that nice 1/2A-4 on top. or an A3-6 if Estes ever lets those out of the barn.

I won't tell if you saw off the upper 2/3 of the empty cardboard tube of the !/2A. shhh.

I use bamboo skewers for the 3 rack sides, because they are $cheep and these rockets don't often come back...

Newbie to the forum here. I recently got the free 30-day evaluation of Rocksim. It is okay but the libraries are too small. I found out I can edit the libraries. They are CSV format Excel files that can be edited. I added a bunch to the Body Tube library BTDATA but it was too large to find what I wanted. I edited it and grouped the tubes by size, not manufacturer. Has anybody else played with Rocksim libraries?

Attached, if I can get this to work.
Rocksim data files

They are hidden files. You will have to enable viewing hidden files if you have not done that already.

On my windows 10 system they are on

C:/USERS/(USER NAME)/AppData/local/ApogeeComponents/Rocksim_1/Data/___.csv

Your system may be a bit different.

Attachments

• BTDATA grouped.csv
    54.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Attached, if I can get this to work.
Rocksim data files

They are hidden files. You will have to enable viewing hidden files if you have not done that already.

On my windows 10 system they are on

C:/USERS/(USER NAME)/AppData/local/ApogeeComponents/Rocksim_1/Data/___.csv

Your system may be a bit different.
I've thought about setting up a parts library on GitHub and then people could just submit updates to add/change it. Of course it would probably be painful to maintain, resolve conflicting data, maintain a naming system etc. Plus, seems like most people just throw whatever works in the design visually and then do a mass override at the end

Back