What TLP Decals would you like to see?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astronboy

Reaction score
I have great news! The Launch Pad, has agreed to allow Excelsior Rocketry to produce aftermarket decals for their scale model rocket kits.

So.... what TLP kits do YOU want to have decals for?
(we will only be producing decals for scale kits, not the pseudo scale kits)

Let us know what decals we should produce first!!

Phred

Phenoix
AMRAAM
Lance
Alarm

Just happens that I have those kits!

Lance (again)
Rapier

(these are the two kits I'm thinking of getting)

Good idea to do aftermarket decals ... maybe you could hook up with some other manufacturers too?

How many different sets of decals are you able to sell at a time? Because as many as you can would be good :)

Phil

To clarify, I fully intend to offer decals for all of the TLP scale models... but decals take time to create and scale, and I must start somewhere. I am now just trying to find out what decals you guys want first.

Phred

Good idea Fred... I know I'm one person that asked you about this a couple times.. I sure Like to see more scale decals in general available... your doing just that thanks!

This is a cool idea. Produce whichever decals you want to first. Whichever you produce, I would be more inclined to buy the TLP kit(s) that had the decals available.

Originally posted by hokkyokusei
This is a cool idea. Produce whichever decals you want to first. Whichever you produce, I would be more inclined to buy the TLP kit(s) that had the decals available.
We now just need a source of TLP kits in the UK again - hint Malc. because they are excellent kits that need some real modeling to build. OK some of the scaling is very dodgy (Nike Herc) but they are excellent sports models and many are well beyond 3fnc models.

Decals for a full RIM-67 would be nice - mostly because I have the sustainer kit and the plan-pak to build a much modified booster.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome! I have about 5 TLP kits in bags. Having decals will certainly help.

I'll put in my vote for the HARM and HAWK MIM23A rockets.

Originally posted by Daedalus
We now just need a source of TLP kits in the UK again - hint Malc. because they are excellent kits that need some real modeling to build. OK some of the scaling is very dodgy (Nike Herc) but they are excellent sports models and many are well beyond 3fnc models.

Decals for a full RIM-67 would be nice - mostly because I have the sustainer kit and the plan-pak to build a much modified booster.

Some of us Vendors will ship overseas:) And we also happen to have a nice supply of Launch pad kits as a bonus.

UMRS Launch Pad

I was thinking of a generic type decal sheet, for scratch builders

Funny faces in portholes for 'deep space' rockets, 'alien' insignias, military looking "serno" name plates, fuel filler port, "no step / no lift" idents, wrap around windsheilds for nose cones, NAR logos, 'engine' parts / wraps, shapes for hatches & doors & service ports, screw heads, etc...

Maybe a few 'grab bag' sheets, like a few designs from different sheets, bundled together (like teh BBZ & Der red Max & another..) to be creative. A sheet of 'clip art' if you will..

And some for the more popular Estes kits (like the Bull Pup & other 'military' designs), to rid them of those pesky 'sticker' decals!!

AMRAAM

i also like Dr. Wogz's idea, a generic set of rocket decals would be cool.

I vote for the Nike Ajax, I've been wanting that one, and having decals for it would definitely motivate me a bit more.

Glenn

How well does your decal printer do with printing letters WHITE like the stenciling you'd need for a Lance missile?

I would say SAAB RB 05A, but it only has one thin orange wrap around. Thats easy enough to paint. Another vote for the Pershing 1A.

Originally posted by UncMikesRktShk
Some of us Vendors will ship overseas:) And we also happen to have a nice supply of Launch pad kits as a bonus.

UMRS Launch Pad

Let me just say that Uncle Mike's service is excellent, quick responses to emails, good prices and fast dispatch. You can't go wrong.

Back on topic, any idea how long until these are available?

Phil

Huh? I thought you had decals made for that 4" Bomarc months ago by someone on here? I remember doing the artwork so someone from TRF could make the decals. What happened?

-Rich

Back