What "should" you be doing today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting the rest of the documentation together to submit to my soon-to-be ex wife's lawyer so we can continue drawing up the dissolution agreement...

I should be working, but we got placed on call until the mechanics are done with their work today.

Planned on working on deck stairs today, but got a short rain when I was getting started. Decided to try a new Mexican place and it was the worst meal of 2022. You could read that negatively, but whenever I can decidedly say it was the worst of XXXX, that means to me that every other one will be better, so glad I got that knocked out of the way. It was supposed to be the 'fun meal' for the month, though, so kinda fail on that. . .

Positive work done in the garage and on other projects, just none that were supposed to be worked on today/this weekend. Not a bad day, just not the day I expected when I woke up.

Winds are predicted Max 3 mph from SW today, from SW Max 9 mph tomorrow. Club is on fence about launch Sunday because of field conditions (bit more rain tonight and 1500ish tomorrow. Got my 2nd booster yesterday morning (1st was Pfizer, yesterday Moderna)… chills, aches, stuffy nose & sinus pressure. No fever. Practically speaking I should Chill & Netflix. Reality is I’m probably going to fly a Mad Cow Twitch, 3 fin version of a Black Fly and one other mystery rocket then take a long nap.

Should be taking it easy per Doc's orders, but not really wired that way. I got busted yesterday by another manager and she totally threw me under the bus. "You know you got people for that, right?" I snappily retorted "I'm just old. I'm not dead yet!" and before I could get out of range, I got served. "Yeah, well, keep it up and you'll be a stupid, old dead man". Today, I dedicated myself to dereliction of duty with a chance of delegation.

I should be spring the rest only of gold metallic paint on the turntable parts to simulate the original gold tint, but I don't have the paint I need. First I have to go to the hardware store and get some., It's cool weather so it would be nice to spray it within the next day or two. Depression has me bed today. :(

I should be spring the rest only of gold metallic paint on the turntable parts to simulate the original gold tint, but I don't have the paint I need. First I have to go to the hardware store and get some., It's cool weather so it would be nice to spray it within the next day or two. Depression has me bed today. :(
Oh Marty! Actually been thinking of you lately. I'd like to say I feel your pain but that's only a platitude that really makes no sense. Been down the last few days snd the Viking Princess steps in and notices. Since my surgery, I realized I was getting old, which ironically is a gift some don't get. This territory comes with a price in pain and Isolation as friends, lovers and neighbors pass on, leaving you alone with your glory days and stories nobody has time for as the world moves on. There is so much sadness in the world today, but it's really been that way all along. we hear it so much faster from social media, even more than the news we used to watch on the telly or that transistor radio that ate 9 volt batteries for lunch. I had a guy across the street pass much too soon, as he couldn't handle retirement and drank himself literally to death. Good guy, nice guy, successful, had the boat, the truck, the trailer and all the symbols and trappings of a good life. Now I'm not a touchy-feely kinda guy. My worst subjects were all human behaviour related stuff, even the management crap and latest HR trends they forced on us. I just did enuff to pass and ignored it. I've managed people in one form or another for damn near 50 years, so I have some road under my ass. At one time it was 680. That was a cluster going somewhere to happen. And yet, here we are. Replete with our stories, history and aches and pains. I've started three stories this past month with the preamble of "I don't care if you believe me or not" but I lived it. You have too. Know you are a great guy with a ton of experience nobody else can replicate. They can't walk a mile in your moccasins, they will never have the thrill of that first Mobile Fidelity record whispering into such clean thunder it makes you cry, nor the intricacies of getting all those components to play happy noise together. Now, it's on a phone or tablet, the souless, compressed, limited, gutless impersonation of what we used to call music. You have the soul of a gourmet, trapped on a boulevard of Jack-in-the-Boxes. I don't blame you for being depressed. I have a weird genetic thing where I only sleep four hours a day, just don't need any more, but a nap sometimes if the work is physically demanding. But when I do, I am out like a light and according to Wayco, I imitate a Stihl 20 horse chain saw ( if I fall out on my back, which apparently I did while sharing a room at a launch). Lately my legs and feet cramp so bad I get none, which makes me a cranky boss the next day. I hurt every goddamn day and it sux. Don't do ( enough-lol) drugs even the pain killers as I feel it fogs me up and I lose my edge. I don't have the latest, magical, mystical, powdered unicorn horn cure for you, but know there IS somebody out in the real world that recognizes your talent, your viabilty and your contributions to the rest of us as we orbit the Sun in our imperfect, sometimes, cruel, heartless and unfeeling spaceship we call Earth. It's a gift, these green vales and restless seas topped by a Robin's egg blue umbrella. You are part of our gift. Do your part while you are here. We are all inherently selfish, it's a survival trait. Sharing is what makes us a community, with each contibuting what they can for the common good. Selfishly, we all need more Marty. Please keep sharing, we've become addicted. Not fair no sharing! With the best intents of our tenuous friendship, be well my friend. Stiff upper lip and carry on! -dave-
(oh, today I sanded on a rocket, no thread derail here...move on!)
( edited to remove excessive umlauts)

Last edited:
Plan like you'll live forever.........Live each day as if it was your last.

My mom always said that to me, God rest her soul. What I should have done today is install ceiling fans on our deck, but it didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow........

You have the soul of a gourmet, trapped on a boulevard of Jack-in-the-Boxes. I don't blame you for being depressed. . I don't have the latest, magical, mystical, powdered unicorn horn cure for you, but know there IS somebody out in the real world that recognizes your talent, You are part of our gift. Do your part while you are here. Sharing is what makes us a community, with each contibuting what they can for the common good. Selfishly, we all need more Marty. Please keep sharing, we've become addicted. Not fair no sharing! With the best intents of our tenuous friendship, be well my friend. -dave-
Thanks for the kind words. It sure would be nice to come face to face with every single person on here so we could have a much better understanding of the person and the personality. If people could hang out with me during the day they would likely halfway through the day, say to themselves why in the world does he spend so much time in the bed? Losing about 70% of my muscles in my body, I have just enough energy to get myself through the day, and there is no way to describe the overwhelming fatigue and frustration as I am greatly limited on the physical things that I really want to do and get accomplished, but there's just not enough enthusiasm and energy for me to accomplish them. So I get really depressed Thinking about the fact that my body is still destroying nerves, especially now through the core, and the more nerves that get destroyed, the less muscles are triggered to operate. I then face the fact that I will end up dying by respiratory failure, and that is a terrible way to go, thinking that I'm going to be gasping for air at the end. I'm going to try and get it worked out with Palliative Care that when that time comes, they can put me under for good so I don't have to go through that.
I had to go off of my narcotic pain patch last month as a simply got two expensive so my back is not staying at alignment because there's not enough muscles to keep it aligned so I now live with lots of pain, hopefully you all will have a little understanding of why I have a rather grumpy nature lately.
I've been renting a one-car garage here at the condos from a guy who is a millionaire and owns 3 condos, and one of them is on Long Island, and he supposedly gets $200,000 a year from his pension from Long Island and he's charging me $100 a month, which has my neighbor says, " boy he's really screwing you". But a couple of days ago one of the ladies who brings her little puppy over for treats said, " I'm been thinking about it and I've got a garage that I've never used since I moved here in 2004 and I'm going to let you use it for free". I told her if I could, I would get out of this power chair and be doing cartwheels across the parking lot. This is really going to help me financially, as it had gotten to the point where every time I opened the garage door, all I can think about is the selfish and greedy nature of this guy. My wife is going to go into her garage and paint the walls for me and then the two of us are going to build a loft across the front wall. My wife will also help her go through her stuff she has stored in there, and get it all in U-Haul boxes and put up on top of the loft so that I can have all of the lower section. I am now coming up with a new floor plan on how to maximize the space into a rocket building Mecca And yes I'll post pictures as I go along.

Should be installing new lights in the kitchen. Too many kids home from school with illnesses to turn off the power. Replaced the water pump on the Brumby (Brat) instead.

Should be washing the dog. She suddenly got over being a geriatric and ran about 3 acres away. And laughed.

Should be finishing the Mar'rallang proto, but chasing a dog instead.

Should have, could have, would have, but didn't. The story of my life really. 🤔

Winds are predicted Max 3 mph from SW today, from SW Max 9 mph tomorrow. Club is on fence about launch Sunday because of field conditions (bit more rain tonight and 1500ish tomorrow. Got my 2nd booster yesterday morning (1st was Pfizer, yesterday Moderna)… chills, aches, stuffy nose & sinus pressure. No fever. Practically speaking I should Chill & Netflix. Reality is I’m probably going to fly a Mad Cow Twitch, 3 fin version of a Black Fly and one other mystery rocket then take a long nap.
PSA: It's okay to be hardcore, but remember to consider your fellow flyers. We now return you to your regularly scheduled launch.

I should not be here, on TRF. As a matter of fact, I should not be at this Hotel. By the pool. With an adult beverage or 17. I 'should' be at home, working on a stupid little pyro project that would pay for a day here, but in my defense, I AM writing a tech manual for work and am comfortably in range of my ECD. They even bought me a new iPad to do it with. My boss loves me. On oddly numbered days. That don't end in 'y'. when the grunion are running. It's that warm, fuzzy feeling you get being cherished. Or the whiskey. Hard to tell.

Back