What should I buy myself...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JStarStar

Reaction score
... for my birthday???

:D :D :D

My Visa is making little whimpering noises from my wallet!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday:D
I think you should treat youself to a nice Apogee Saturn V.

to cut that nasty thing up!
:)

however...if you are intent on spending money, and I know exactly how that goes...how about a small lathe?

tools last forever and are a wise investment for the hobbyist.

happy birthday!

Hey cool! I just looked and it is my birthday to! :)

Okay, actually I knew that, but whatever.

I don't have a Visa, but I have two great parents that hopefully are getting me a LOC Ultamate:D maybe a few other things to.

Happy birthday JStarStar. Marxi and myself....

wow are birthdays are close together mine was yesterday. i got a 29-40-120 rms casing and a loc onyx....well i orderd them yesterday. any way i suggest you stock up on motors

Originally posted by JoJo
wow are birthdays are close together mine was yesterday. i got a 29-40-120 rms casing and a loc onyx....well i orderd them yesterday. any way i suggest you stock up on motors

Hey cool!, I was born exactly one day after you, neat!

I'd vote for either an inexpensive drill press or scroll saw. Lots of centering rings or fins or whatever from those items

Whats all this "or" buisness!!!???

The word you want to use when you have a wimpering Visa card is:

AND

A nice lathe, a small drill press (not like your gonna be drilling 12" thick CRs, right?) And a 16" scroll saw :D

Repeat after me:

And

And

And

And

And

:D Got it? :D ;) :p

Mine was the 12th, my wife's is today !

I got breakfast at Denny's and a shopping trip to the grocery store - she got flowers and dinner at Chili's !!

What's with all the September birthdays??

Mine is two days from now :)

Happy Birthday....

How about a nice Edmonds Glider? Not very expensive and something a little different?

Thanks for all the ideas!!

As far as the September birthdays, I think it has something to do with New Year's Eve.

Ask your parents.... ;) :cool: :D

I'm tempted by the Apogee Saturn V (and the IB for that matter), but I'm drowning in Saturns right now... lol. I've got the Saturn Press Saturn V, an Estes V, an Estes IB, and two of the Dr. Zooch Saturn I models, all waiting to get built... heheh. I'll be busy all winter turning out Saturns. I'm gonna rename my basement the Vehicle Assembly Building... ;)

And I'm tempted by the FlisFleet too - I am sure you'll rope me in sooner than later. The Edmonds gliders look like fun, I flew my Quest Flat Cat last week, so I might whip together a couple more B/Gs in time for next season.

Neil, if i buy all that stuff, my VISA won't be whimpering, it will be howling like a banshee. :D

I think it's gonna be a scroll saw - I want to start turning out those sharp-looking fins - and I think I'll go for RockSim too. But wait until after another payday - gotta give Mr. VISA a bit of a breather...

:D :D :D

I agree with stocking up on motors. Fly what you got with motors you'll get with birthday money!!!

Loopy

Mine was the 9th, but my wife was so busy w/a ladies thing w/the mayor that I got squat. Does that mean she forfeits the right to pick the present?

Back