What rocket do I build next?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just downloaded it to my desktop and will play with it when I am done with my work; I'm so back up today.

THANKS A LOT FOR THAT THOUGH!!! I love Architectural-like programs.

It looks like this will be my next rocket. And yes, "low and slow" is my thing, as you put into better words. Can you possibly link me the correct page to place an order?

[OFF-TOPIC] How do I find local rocket clubs :confused2: ???
Thanks for ALL your help.
-TheTechAdmin

You will like Rocksim, it is a great tool.

Now, the trick to low and slow is flying a tube fin or a large diameter airframe on a quick burn motor. The rocket has to reach minimum safe velocity (~30 mph) before it leaves the launch rod to attain stable flight. STubby and larger airframe 2.5" to 4" rockets can be flown on 24mm motors both AP and BP. I have a 4.5" crayon that is about 13" long that does a great low and slow on a D-21 or E-18. This year I am bringing a light weight 2.6" diameter prototype called "Lemonade" to NSL. It is 36" long, weighs less than nine ounces and give eerily stable flights on a D-12.

If you have specific questions, don't be afraid to ask, the forum is stuffed with great folks that can share a wealth of knowledge.

yes only a few members will invoke the sacred word and make you go get them a shrubbery before helping you. :) "NI"

But this thread has gotten to silly.

I don't have any of Layne's kits for myself but I bought from him for Secret Santa last year and the service was great.

yes only a few members will invoke the sacred word and make you go get them a shrubbery before helping you. :) "NI"

But this thread has gotten to silly.

I don't have any of Layne's kits for myself but I bought from him for Secret Santa last year and the service was great.

Thanks for the plug...
Now, are you telling me that coconuts migratory?
:cyclops:

"It could be carried!"

"A sparrow carry a coconut?!"

"It could grip it by the husk!"

"It's not a question of how it grips it... It's a simple question of weight ratios! A 5-ounce bird could not carry a 1-pound coconut!"

"Well it doesn't matter!!!! Go and tell your master that King Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here."

I think I gotta get one of those King Krakens myself.

N

Last edited:
Thanks for the plug...
Now, are you telling me that coconuts migratory?

"It's not a question of how it grips it... It's a simple question of weight ratios! A 5-ounce bird could not carry a 1-pound coconut!"

I think you two are nutty. :pop:

And you both could use a good spanking.

And then...? :eyepop:

Well if ANYBODY is off to the Castle Anthrax, I want to go too!!!! :jaw:

Seriously, enjoy your Kraken - it's a great bird. :headbang:

Last edited:
Google VCP and WRASP. They are both freeware with VCP written by member Gary Crowell and WRASP is a simulation program. I've used VCP for years and find easy to use and very accurate for designing rockets including multi staged rockets and WRASP for finding altitude. Apogee is better at keeping update with the many motors and changes to product line, though.

As far as what company to buy a new kit from I suggest you try one from all the different companys listed in the rocketry stickied section then from the suppliers of parts maybe start looking into designing your own rockets which I find more satisfying(sp)than the kits with Giant Leap Rocketry a good place to start.

Beware of eBay. Most of the time by the time you win the auction and pay shipping you could have saved quite a bit and got more for youe money elsewhere.

Good luck and good flying!!:cyclops:

Back