What rocket designs do you like?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preferred option?

• Balsa with 1 layer tip-to-tip

• Balsa with 2 layers tip-to-tip

• Ply (or other wood) with 1 layer tip-to-tip

• Balsa with 1 layer tip-to-tip

• Balsa with 2 layers tip-to-tip

• Ply (or other wood) with 1 layer tip-to-tip

Results are only viewable after voting.

shrox

Reaction score
Take the poll and tell me what you really really want!!

shrox

You forgot military...I put that under plain ole rockets and voted there. :)

BTW...good poll topic!!!

Carl

I have to decide!?!

I like them all, but they have to have the "cool factor".

Like the Estes Executioner....it's a 3FNC, but it has the "cool factor". For example...der Red Max...lot's of "cool factor". Sci-Fi / Jets / X-planes too, as long as they're not overdone.

John

I really don't do "plain ol' rockets"...it has to be flying art.

shrox

I picked the sci-fi category, but it's hard to choose. I've seen what you've done with X-planes as well and am very impressed across the board. What I'd REALLY love to see are mid-powered versions of some of your wilder kits from the past like the Alien 8 or the Hyperion.

Originally posted by shrox
I really don't do "plain ol' rockets"...it has to be flying art.

Maybe not, but if anyone could make art out of 3FNC or 4FNC it would be you. :)

How about some of your innovation on:

fin designs?
Tube arrangements
NC designs

How about a neat flared tail - I know, it ain't aereodynamic...

Hiw about a finless?

Come on man...dream a little! (like I gotta tell you that...)

Al

I checked off real spacecraft cause I really like scale models even sport scale models ...

but I have been getting into sport rockets (clusters and stages) and lately I've been looking real hard at the airplane type rockets like Sunwards kits or even kits like Thrustlines new and yet to be released Panther.

But really I just like any of 'em as long as they arn't RTF's !!! I do like the building process.

the Bell experimental aircraft which Chuck Yeager piloted to mach?

Was it the X1...Glamorus Glennis?

It was equipped with four engines I believe.

How about that for a cluster kit?

I like military or sounding rockets, I put them under plain old rockets, even though they arent :D

To really get me going it's gotta be something original or innovative. I am partial to a glider though!

I went with sci fi - but I echo what others have said - its the cool factor that counts - look at fliskits for example!!!!

Well, I guess the A.C.M.E. is sci-fi...although it sure doesn't look like there is much "science" at first glance!:D

sandman

I don't do much stuff that has already been done, scale, military, etc. There are plenty of companies that put out great detailed scale kits. I like to make fun stuff that blows people away in looks and performance.

shrox

Originally posted by shrox
I don't do much stuff that has already been done, scale, military, etc. [snip] I like to make fun stuff that blows people away in looks and performance.

And that's why I bought your Icarus. I'm still in awe of the 3 decal sheets (equalling one 8x11" sheet). How many hours did you put into just the "solar panels?" WOW!

When rocketeers say "Shrox," I think "imaginative." :)

Thanks for sharing your imagination with us!

Cheers,

Back