What R U Reading?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elapid

Reaction score
hopefully, not the same thing you were reading last time this was asked!
:)

for me:

Amateur Rocket Motor Construction by David Sleeter (pg 303)
Experimental Composite Propellant by Terry McCreary, Phd. (pg 127)
Plastic Resin Bonded High Energy Fuel Systems by Gary Purrington/Firefox Enterprises, Inc.

a copy of the Merck Index, and CRC Handbook are never far from reach!
:D

how about you guys?

I'm currently reading Pattern Crimes, a novel about an Isreali homicide detective investigating a series of related killings. Interesting stuff so far.

Glenn

Hey...this thread looks familiar...;)

Currently in the middle of James Clavell's "Tai Pan."

Next up: David Hackett Fischer's "Washington's Crossing."

Working my way through the books by Dan Brown (Da Vinci Code, Deception Point etc. etc.)

The little booklet that came with the Meteora CD :)

Phil

Originally posted by Fore Check
I'm reading this thread.

Wow! So am I! What a koinky dink!!!

I'm also reading Haunted Ohio II, and Stephen Kings Wolves of the Calla (still)...

Originally posted by Elapid
hopefully, not the same thing you were reading last time this was asked!

Amateur Rocket Motor Construction by David Sleeter (pg 303)
Experimental Composite Propellant by Terry McCreary, Phd. (pg 127)

I read those too, and also "A Manual for Hybrid Propulsion System Design" by Bill Colburn. Though to be honest, I read them rather lightly and will return to them in the future.

Is "Plastic Resin Bonded High Energy Fuel Systems" by Gary Purrington/Firefox Enterprises, Inc. any good? Sounds interesting.

I also read:
Some books on JavaScript, but again just dipping in and out mainly...
A bumper book of classic (ish) short SF stories.
"The Bridge" by Iain Banks
"Strata" by Terry Pratchet
"Spaceflight Revolution" by David Ashford
"Fallen Angels" by Larry Niven, Jerry Pournelle & Michael Flynn

Oooh! I just started reading The Haunting of Alizabel Cray by Chris Wooding (3rd time). Anyone else read this?

Originally posted by Elapid
or sciFi

i gotta get me summa dat!

If you like fantasy and horror, I'd recommend Clive Barker. Read Imajica, The Great and Secret Show, Everville, The Thief of Always. Loved those!

Sojourner: An Insider's View of the Mars Pathfinder Mission
by Andrew Mishkin

Suprisingly interesting, and only $5.95 in the bargin bin at Books-a-couple-thousand.

I just picked up "Space Shuttle: The History of the National Space Transportation System : The First 100 Missions", as well as "The Space Shuttle Decision - 1965 - 1972".

I picked up the first, looking for Future/Fiction ideas, as well as anything about the Buran (the Soviet's space shuttle), unfortunately it doesn't look like there's any Buran coverage there - but there's hundreds of photos and drawings of space shuttle prototypes and alternative designs, and it looks like it's going to be an awesome read.

I just pre=ordered The Dark Tower by Stephen King
It is the final book in the Dark Tower series due out next Tuesday:D

Nimitz Class by Patrick Robinson
Executive Orders by Tom Clancy

Unfit for Command

and as usual I am always rereading McCreary's book and Rockets of the world

Engineering Your Future for EGR 101
The Human Venture for SS110

and a whole bunch of handouts.

Now You're Talking- All You Need to Get Your First Ham Radio License

Hoping to maybe get a license this year.

Just finished Dan Brown's Deception Point.

A good read!

Originally posted by hokkyokusei
I read those too, and also "A Manual for Hybrid Propulsion System Design" by Bill Colburn. Though to be honest, I read them rather lightly and will return to them in the future.

Is "Plastic Resin Bonded High Energy Fuel Systems" by Gary Purrington/Firefox Enterprises, Inc. any good? Sounds interesting.

I also read:
Some books on JavaScript, but again just dipping in and out mainly...
A bumper book of classic (ish) short SF stories.
"The Bridge" by Iain Banks
"Strata" by Terry Pratchet
"Spaceflight Revolution" by David Ashford
"Fallen Angels" by Larry Niven, Jerry Pournelle & Michael Flynn

the hygbrid propulsion manual...does that cover all types of hybrids, or just the commonly seen varieties?

i haven't cracked the cover of the firefox book yet. i am poring over the McCreary text to the total neglect of the others right now. i am in the Appendices, so I have covered the important topics of design parameters and mixture formulation considerations.

the firefox book is the one that comes in their HTPB/PBAN propellant kits, which arrived a couple days ago. good, fast service!

i should have the McCreary book finished off by tonight, i'll start the firefox text next! i'll post my thoughts in general terms as I peruse it.

Loopy, i'll look into those!
along the same vein, i heard that a new trilogy from the Thomas Covenant; the Unbeliever series by Stephen R. Donaldson. i'm a little bit more than a touch excited about that one.

:D

I'm in the middle of yet another rereading of the Lord of The Rings accompanied by the Atlas of Middle-Earth. Gandalf is about to have his showdown with Durin's Bane. Never get tired of that series.

-Kitch

"The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow!!"

Originally posted by CTulanko
Exam Cram's Windows 2000 Professional and Server Study Guides / Manuals...

Carl

Contoso.com has 4 sites globally across the world...

which of the following diagrams will produce a scenario that is more Available... rather than Reliable....

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!! STOP the madness...... haha

been there done that dude... ever take a test that you felt beat up afterward...

later
Jerryb

Originally posted by Kitch
I'm in the middle of yet another rereading of the Lord of The Rings accompanied by the Atlas of Middle-Earth. Gandalf is about to have his showdown with Durin's Bane. Never get tired of that series.

Me neither. I'm reading it to my oldest son at bedtime who qualifies as a serious obsessive. I read it through to him once already and after 6 months he was ready to turn around and do it all over again. It's a supreme act of mother sacrifice on my part but someone's got to do it. ;)

In my own reading I just finished "Prisoners of Mercy" about the two women Christian aide workers who were imprisoned in Afghanistan. Currently it's "Seven Years In Tibet" by Heinrich Harrer which is turning out to be an excellent read.

Just started Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis. The book is really good, but I wish there were the tapes that the book is based of that I could listen to. In my mind I don't have the correct British accent.

Edward

Back