What Papa Elf did during his Thanksgivings break :)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
This is a project that was originally scheduled to be done last summer, but it got delayed when the IT cabinet arrived weeks late and damaged in shipping. I didn't have time to do it before school started so I made plans to do it while school was closed over the holiday break. Here is a before and after pictures. FB_IMG_1575334283944.jpegIMG_20191202_181318384.jpeg

I've always been a fan of mounting the switches right under the patch panels and using short cables... it's easier to trace than bundles of cables. We had a manager who decided that all of the cables should be hidden, so all of the bundles were inside cable management races... it made things practically impossible to move or trace.

Very neatly done - great job! What's it for - It must be commercial - right?

This is for the Main Building at the school I work at :). I re-used the old patch panels with the hope of not having to re terminate a bunch of cat cable. But I already have issues of connectivity problems so I requisitioned the patch panels I like using. Costs more money, but I like how the cables come in from the back instead of the side, and each pair of cable is clamped down. You can work on an individual cable without disturbing the neighbors.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...c45-cd78f07a84d8&pf_rd_r=B87K128796J25NDR6KPZ

I've used these in our Student Life Center project and I really really like them.

Back