3D Printing What is your printer on?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok this might seem like a weird question but where do you keep your 3D printer?

I have it on good authority that I’ll be receiving a Prusa Mini for Father’s Day next weekend (5 year old can’t keep a secret 😀). I have an L shaped ikea desk in my work area but it’s already pretty full with a solder station, cutting mat and PC. I’m thinking of picking up Harbor Freights “48 in. Workbench with Light” to give it a home. It seems to fit the bill (and the $109 price is nice compared to a lot of more expensive options) but I’m a little bit worried about sturdiness / vibrations.

Anybody have a great solution?

I've always kept my printers on heavy, sturdy tables, but I'm not sure it's really required at the speeds you'll be printing. I have a Prusa Mini & love it. Mine is currently on a built-in cabinet/shelf in my office.

Currently, all of mine are on ceramic tiles on lack tables from Ikea.

I put two 36" Lowes base cabinets together and added a laminate top. That gives me a drawer for tools and a cabinet below for filament and such for each printer.

This my home-made enclosure made from MDF board. The printer sits on a rubber mat on a sliding shelf. There are lights inside, and a Pi and camera on the right for Octoprint.

The door has a glass panel with a thermometer inside - it was acquired from a kitchen showroom where it was surplus stock.

20210218_093234.jpg

Back