3D Printing What is your printer on?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

merit

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok this might seem like a weird question but where do you keep your 3D printer?

I have it on good authority that I’ll be receiving a Prusa Mini for Father’s Day next weekend (5 year old can’t keep a secret 😀). I have an L shaped ikea desk in my work area but it’s already pretty full with a solder station, cutting mat and PC. I’m thinking of picking up Harbor Freights “48 in. Workbench with Light” to give it a home. It seems to fit the bill (and the $109 price is nice compared to a lot of more expensive options) but I’m a little bit worried about sturdiness / vibrations.

Anybody have a great solution?

Michael L

Random Pixel Generator
Reaction score
Mine is on a small metal printer table. About 2' wide. It holds the printer, drying box, and laptop

Last edited:

GrouchoDuke

Reaction score
I've always kept my printers on heavy, sturdy tables, but I'm not sure it's really required at the speeds you'll be printing. I have a Prusa Mini & love it. Mine is currently on a built-in cabinet/shelf in my office.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Currently, all of mine are on ceramic tiles on lack tables from Ikea.

JohnCoker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I put two 36" Lowes base cabinets together and added a laminate top. That gives me a drawer for tools and a cabinet below for filament and such for each printer.

PhilC

Reaction score
This my home-made enclosure made from MDF board. The printer sits on a rubber mat on a sliding shelf. There are lights inside, and a Pi and camera on the right for Octoprint.

The door has a glass panel with a thermometer inside - it was acquired from a kitchen showroom where it was surplus stock.

20210218_093234.jpg

Latest posts