What is your favorite space related movie?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yukon@K-9 Rocket Tech

Student, Drone and Rockets, Aspiring Engineer
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what all you rocketeers have a taste of for movies. What's your favorite movie related to space? Can be anything

Interstellar

Armageddon

Apollo 13

Apollo 11 (2019) (I really want to see this one soon. The footage looks phenomenal!)

just to name a few, like very few.

Galaxy Quest is a parody of Star Trek. Very well done. Its even funnier if you know a little bit about some of the behind scenes stuff like William Shatner being a prima donna (Tim Allen plays the thinly disguised Captain Kirk character).

Aliens, Star Trek (Warth of Kahn, First Contact & J.J. Abrams reboot). Serenity, The 5th Element, Forbidden Planet and of course Tobor the Great. (Tobor = robot spelled backwards). 2001 a Space Odyssey, The Last Star Fighter and Star Wars.

Note that there are many more "Favs" but these were the first to come to mind.

Galaxy Quest is a parody of Star Trek. Very well done. Its even funnier if you know a little bit about some of the behind scenes stuff like William Shatner being a prima donna (Tim Allen plays the thinly disguised Captain Kirk character).

I firmly believe that Galaxy Quest is the best Star Trek movie ever made. And I say that as a committed Trekkie who named a child after a Star Trek character. The Tim Allen/William Shatner disguise is approximately Saran Wrap thin. :)

Others:
Arrival
The Martian
Apollo 13
Star Trek 4 (Save the Whales!)

The Martian is one of my favorite "space" movies. Book and movie. Also in the vein of "space" movies, are The Right Stuff, and Apollo 13.

I think of Star Trek, Star Wars, etc. as Sci-Fi movies.

Yeah, the Martian is sorta Sci-Fi, but it's a plausible near-future space story. Biggest fictional element of that story was the $$$ to make it happen anytime soon.
ubmXKvw.jpg

Last edited:
The Martian, Interstellar, and a couple of others
but the best by far - Gravity

Moonraker!
Bond. James Bond. The moon is made of cheese after all.

Aliens, Star Trek (Warth of Kahn, First Contact & J.J. Abrams reboot). Serenity, The 5th Element, Forbidden Planet and of course Tobor the Great. (Tobor = robot spelled backwards). 2001 a Space Odyssey, The Last Star Fighter and Star Wars.

Note that there are many more "Favs" but these were the first to come to mind.

Too be honest I thought everyone would scream out STAR WAR. Surprised your the only one currently. I think star wars is very fun as a movie

Back