What is your favorite OOP model rocket kit?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really miss the Fat Boy. Wish they had upgraded it. A Mega Fat Boy would have been sweet. But even with the original planform, lots was done; single 24mm motor, 3 x 24mm motor, 7 x 18mm motor, two-stage - 24mm to 18mm, single 29mm (built stock).

Estes Delta Clipper 2 stage on D's. Never saw the upper stage again on the first flight (back in 1997). Got the booster back. I loved it so much that I upscaled it last year as a challenge project (for myself) into a 29mm with matching graphics and color. Huge thanks to sticker shock! It will fly someday...with composite motors.

Estes Sahara. We couldn't get them in Canada. I have one built up Argent and a second in the package, which is basically the same thing but larger. I will probably order the Vanderburn version if Launch Lab is still carrying that kit.
Dropping today at 1pm EST!

Hello,
What is your favorite Out Of Production (OOP) model rocket kit? I would have to say mine is the Estes Sentinel. I built my Sentinel to fly with a 2-18mm engine cluster using a FlisKits cluster engine mount kit. I especially like the extra long nose cone. Looks cool and flies great.

Brian
Scissor Wing Transport

Wow, this is quite the necro-thread! Looking through recent posts, USS Atlantis, Farside, Scissor-Wing, Orbital Transport, Andromeda, LTV Scout, Trident, Sandhawk, all great choices! But NOT the 36DD, that was one ugly rocket... USS Atlantis and LTV Scout are the only ones I don't have (built, Semroc Retro-Repro, or vintage in the bag).

Back