What is your favorite kind of pizza.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We keep thinking that we're going to find some type of frozen pizza to try them at the grocery store but we've only tried a couple and just never seen to think about getting them there. Any suggestions on grocery store pizzas?

It is genetic. About 25% of the population have that particular genetic affliction.

I am really glad I don't. I love Thai and Vietnamese food where it is used extensively.
I am in that 25% for sure. I am bummed that a lot of Mexican places seem to now think a ton of Cilantro is required for every form of salsa they provide. I used to really enjoy the Friday lunch at a Mexican place, but now there is so much Cilantro, I don't even go.

And it is real. . .I never knew why most of the people at the table were enjoying the salsa/other and I felt like I was chugging Dawn dish soap. I've met a few other people who have it, but most think I'm joking. The taste I experience is so strong that it seems just like taking a quick spoonful of dish soap and it sticks around for hours. I literally want to start spitting on the floor, but that is obviously bad form. Now, if I go to a Mexican resteraunt that I know is Cilantro positive, I just eat the chips plain or with a little salt.

I am in that 25% for sure. I am bummed that a lot of Mexican places seem to now think a ton of Cilantro is required for every form of salsa they provide. I used to really enjoy the Friday lunch at a Mexican place, but now there is so much Cilantro, I don't even go.

And it is real. . .I never knew why most of the people at the table were enjoying the salsa/other and I felt like I was chugging Dawn dish soap. I've met a few other people who have it, but most think I'm joking. The taste I experience is so strong that it seems just like taking a quick spoonful of dish soap and it sticks around for hours. I literally want to start spitting on the floor, but that is obviously bad form. Now, if I go to a Mexican resteraunt that I know is Cilantro positive, I just eat the chips plain or with a little salt.
Uh Oh, and I was going to suggest going back to the Mexican restaurant I took you to last time you were here. :confused:

Uh Oh, and I was going to suggest going back to the Mexican restaurant I took you to last time you were here. :confused:
Their salsa wasn't too bad for me, but might stick to salt or cheese sauce just in case. . .

Headed to West Tennessee and Kentucky to support a race team family for the next few days. If anybody wants to put fourth good wishes, clap for the #55 at some point in the day(s) through Saturday. I'm not sure if anything will be on free TV/free internet TV, but hoping for a good weekend.

I will post a pic or two after the weekend's events. Probably only one pic if it goes wrong, but so far the #55 is the current points leader at 2 local Florida tracks, the IMCA ModLite Rookie points leader and also the National IMCA ModLite points leader. And he just got accepted to medical school for the fall. Hard (for me at least) not to root for the #55. :) Going as support wrench if/when is needed. They have their program intact for sure, but sometimes an extra hand is helpful.

But I still don't like cilantro.

We keep thinking that we're going to find some type of frozen pizza to try them at the grocery store but we've only tried a couple and just never seen to think about getting them there. Any suggestions on grocery store pizzas?
We end up getting Red Baron Pizzas from HEB and my wife will add some extra cheese and whatever else might be laying around the fridge and it comes out pretty good... but then I'm not a hard core pizza connoisseur.

I also find Cilantro tastes like dish soap. Just about everything it is in I taste that soap. One single item it is in I have found I like. One of the guys I work with Mrs makes a salsa with baby shrimp added. She also spikes it with a few drops of capsaicin oil. I think the added heat takes away from the soap taste.
I may just be on the weird side though. I am also in that small percentage with selective anosmia. I can’t smell skunk.

I never heard about the cilantro thing. My wife loves it. I'm OK with it, and I cook with it cuz she really likes it.

Now I am in the small group of people who can smell asparagusic acid. That's what makes most people's urine stink after eating asparagus. It makes me think my kidneys are rotting away.

Back