What is your favorite kind of pizza.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite pizza . . . literally whichever one is sitting in front of me at the moment.

No pepperoni, thick chewy crust, lots of mushrooms , 4 cheeses, sausage balls, lots of spinach,
lots of pineapple slices, sweet pickle relish for flavor, honey mustard for dipping. and a cold glass
of Barq's Root Beer

I made the dough Tuesday night and the dough rounds were allowed a slow rise in the fridge. We made 3 12" pizzas tonight. Mine is pictured with pepperoni, fresh mozarella, and crushed red pepper. Aside from the slow rise, it is quicker than delivery.

PSX_20230421_182122.jpg

I made the dough Tuesday night and the dough rounds were allowed a slow rise in the fridge. We made 3 12" pizzas tonight. Mine is pictured with pepperoni, fresh mozarella, and crushed red pepper. Aside from the slow rise, it is quicker than delivery.

View attachment 576502
Looks good Nate. I've got a good active sourdough starter, what type floor did you use for your dough?

View attachment 576502

2 rolling pins up for homemade! 🍕🍕🍕🍕

Looks good Nate. I've got a good active sourdough starter, what type floor did you use for your dough?
I used King Arthur All Purpose for this one. The blue bag Caputo 00 Flour is often cited as a standard flour for this type of pizza. I have tried it and had very good results, but did find it had a more narrow window for the proper amount of water and the dough was impacted more by ambient humidity than using a coarser ground flour. King Arthur is also cheaper and much easier to buy.

I used King Arthur All Purpose for this one. The blue bag Caputo 00 Flour is often cited as a standard flour for this type of pizza. I have tried it and had very good results, but did find it had a more narrow window for the proper amount of water and the dough was impacted more by ambient humidity than using a coarser ground flour. King Arthur is also cheaper and much easier to buy.
I made a pizza today with some pour-off from my starter. I feed my starter with the King Arthur whole wheat flour but used the All- purpose for the dough. Turned out OK. I let it rise in the fridge overnight then out on the counter most of the day today.

I've switched to ordering just old school pepperoni pizza now (the small kind that curls up and fills with grease)

If I could find one now I could get down.

Either they taste like cardboard with some kind of fake meat on top [the little roman guy] ; or they are so "bread" thick That I can't get half a slice down wasting the rest of it. [the very expensive ones]

But I'm getting older now and don't seem to like them anymore.

If I could find one now I could get down.

Either they taste like cardboard with some kind of fake meat on top [the little roman guy] ; or they are so "bread" thick That I can't get half a slice down wasting the rest of it. [the very expensive ones]

But I'm getting older now and don't seem to like them anymore.
I'm with you on that. Tonight it was not very good from Pizza Hut and the Apple dessert bites had almost no filling in them, to the point where we took a picture to send back to them.:mad:

Brooklyn/NYC style
In Penn Station there's a pizzaria on the underground concourse. Although it's made onsite they are precooked. When picking a slice they throw it in the oven for a bit.
Slightly crispy, good sauce and cheese.

I would stop there after a day of working in the city before taking the train back to SE CT.
Brought me back to sanity every time.

We have getting Papa Murphy's take and back pizza recently. $11.99 all meat pizza on pizza tuesday.

Had a pretty tastey, but soggy crust (gross) pizza from a local place. When you buy by-the-slice at lunch, the crust is perfect. When you buy a whole pizza, it just is never right. We reheated it a bit in the oven and it got a little better, but it needed the pan reheat method to get good and I just didn't have any time for the effort. Then again, you shouldn't need to re-cook your food to eat it.

I may try asking for 'extra crispy' next time we order there, as the toppings are high quality. (pepperoni, sausage, onion, green pepper & mushroom - typical 'classic' pizza).

View attachment 576502

I love the same toppings but sometimes I add Banana Peppers.

I am planning on buying a new smoker in June. I can‘t wait to cook pizza on it.

Why anyone would want to taint the magnificence of a pizza with bell peppers is beyond me...... One of my life arguments with my wife.

I can do any meat, cheese, onions, olives, pickled pepperoncini, pickled Jalapenos, but my interest stops hard at bell peppers. I'll even eat the heretical pineapple, or possibly anchovies.

Of course I'm also one that thinks cilantro tastes like dishwashing soap, so maybe my vote doesn't count.

Had a pretty tastey, but soggy crust (gross) pizza from a local place. When you buy by-the-slice at lunch, the crust is perfect. When you buy a whole pizza, it just is never right. We reheated it a bit in the oven and it got a little better, but it needed the pan reheat method to get good and I just didn't have any time for the effort. Then again, you shouldn't need to re-cook your food to eat it.

I may try asking for 'extra crispy' next time we order there, as the toppings are high quality. (pepperoni, sausage, onion, green pepper & mushroom - typical 'classic' pizza).
Sandy I take pizza from the fridge and put it in a large pre-heated skillet to reheat.
Do it right and it brings back the crisp.
If the pizza was originally cooked in a pan then the grease/oil will make it crisp up to a crunch

Back