What is this Rocket. Not the Wizard.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Red Rocketeer

Reaction score
I've had this since the late 80s or early 90s. I can't figure out what it is. Nothing special but I'll probably try to restore it. It's a BT20 6 5/8 inches, three fins, streamer recovery, 18mm engines. Of course I didn't paint it factory. Just quick and easy for a launch. It's too short to be the Wizard.

Attachments

• FtHATuZuTL68WtCPL6WVyg.jpg
    FtHATuZuTL68WtCPL6WVyg.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 39
I'm no expert, but those definitely look like Wizard fins. Soooo I'm going to guess it's a.....shortened Wizard (possible due to some upper body tube damage?).

Last edited:
I'm not expert, but those definitely look like Wizard fins. Soooo I'm going to guess it's a.....shortened Wizard (possible due to some upper body tube damage?).
Hmm. Maybe. It's definitely not a standard size tube at that length. Dang though, I look at it and it's hard to tell if it's been cut down.

Spitfire222, your answer must be the correct one. One of the last times I launched for a bunch of kids in the 90s, I had a lot of damage by the recovery teams. They were very competitive about getting to the rockets first. Some of the rockets were crushed because they'd get stepped on.

Back