What is this from?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyd

Old Rocketeer
Reaction score
I found a paper sack stashed away in my junk pile, and when I dumped it out, it had some old nose cones in it. One was an original Goony-bird two piece nose cone, and another one I do not recall. Anyone remember what the nose cone in the first picture is from, it fits a BT-55? Opps, I just compared the BT60 cone, to my original Cloud Hopper, and it is not the same, it has a "triangular" shock cord mount, not a "flat" one. Any one know what it is from?

Thanks
Mike

P3170562.JPG

P3170563.JPG

P3170564.JPG

Last edited:
The angle is more like an Apollo capsule, but I do not recall Estes, or Centuri, ever making any scale manned rockets in BT-55.

Mike:
the transition is from an Estes Nike-Apache kit BT-55 to BT-5 if memory services. Same on I used in my Phantom Nike-Apache.
Not sure about the Nosecones.

Attachments

• 470-c1-sm_Base Parts for Nite Nike Apaches_08-28-07.JPG
    470-c1-sm_Base Parts for Nite Nike Apaches_08-28-07.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 14
Clue: the top is a BT-5 shoulder, so the rocket had a BT-5 upper portion.

now, start looking though old catalogs (online) for sounding rockets that fit the BT-55 to BT-5 formula.

Thanks Guys! Looks like I an going to build a Nike Apache, I don't have one of those in my collection yet.

Thats what I like about this group, I do not have to do the hard work, someone else will do it for me, then give me the links.:D Of course, they will tell me I should have looked first!:p

Back