What is the best method of attaching a streamer?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello,
I have a Thrustline Mighty Mick. This rocket drifts with a parachute a long ways. I tried shortening the shroud lines by tying a knot further up but didn't really help. I would like to fly the Mighty Mick with a streamer. What is the best way to attach the streamer to the elastic shock cord?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

I just tie the cord around the streamer and knot it. Works for me!:D

Originally posted by bswan72
Hello,
I have a Thrustline Mighty Mick. This rocket drifts with a parachute a long ways. I tried shortening the shroud lines by tying a knot further up but didn't really help. I would like to fly the Mighty Mick with a streamer. What is the best way to attach the streamer to the elastic shock cord?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

I run the stramer through the eye of a snap swivel, pull it half way through (match up the ends) then tie it in a single overhand knot to keep it from slipping through the eye.

You can then snap it to the screw eye, snap it over the shock cord and allow it to slide to wherever it wants (probably up against the nose), or if you want to make it center on the cord so both the nose and the rocket hang below, you can tie a small loop somewhere on the shock cord and snap it to that. And, if you use a snap swivel, you can take it off and replace it with a different streamer or chute as necessary.

If your snap swivels are too small to pull the streamer through the eye easily, you can make a loop out of a foot of kevlar or other shroud line thread, double or triple it for strength, run that through the eye, and the stream through the loop.

apply mylar ot masking tape around the edge(s) that you attach the shroud line to....so it will not shread off....

Back