What IS Quantum tubing anyway??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary

Reaction score
Hello guys...I have been given some conflicting information..

One person told me that Quantum tubing was a new material invented for, and used by the hobby of rocketry only and is not a material used in any industry or for any other purpose.

Someone else told me that Quantum tubing is a new PVC sewer pipe material and can be bought from any well stocked home improvement store. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Can anybody shed some light on this subject for me please?

Flyboy...:)

I read something on rmr about that, it's supposedly not an off the shelf material ,, and was blended specifically for pml.....there are litteraly thousands of different polymer tube blends out there,even tho they look the same.

I find it interesting they never post a single comment on this forum
considering how much discussion there is about quantum tubing here.

That's what I like about this forum...Quick answers!! Thanx guys. That was pretty much the answer I expected..

Flyboy..

Originally posted by Gary
Hello guys...I have been given some conflicting information..

One person told me that Quantum tubing was a new material invented for, and used by the hobby of rocketry only and is not a material used in any industry or for any other purpose.

Someone else told me that Quantum tubing is a new PVC sewer pipe material and can be bought from any well stocked home improvement store.

The "well stocked home improvement store" carries schedule 40 PVC almost exclusively. Rarely will you find the lighter schedule 80 PVC.

I'm in the middle of rebuilding my Mirage and turning a 4" V2 into a Canadian Arrow both using PML Quantum tube. If this stuff isn't thin wall schedule 80 PVC cast in custom diameters, it's so close as makes no never mind.

If it really matters, you can request the MSDS on it.

Originally posted by stymye
I read something on rmr about that, it's supposedly not an off the shelf material ,, and was blended specifically for pml.....there are litteraly thousands of different polymer tube blends out there,even tho they look the same.

I find it interesting they never post a single comment on this forum
considering how much discussion there is about quantum tubing here.

Maybe they don't know about TRF? Andy Wadell used to post for PML on rmr, and he spread a wealth of information. I don't know if he's still with PML, or why he gave up posting. Well, maybe I know why he gave up posting. But that sort of input would be very welcome here.

Back