What is it? (and a series of other dumb questions)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rawcat

Reaction score
Long story short, I was given a Dr. Rocket's RMS 54/1706 casing which was made in 97. It appears complete, (not loaded) and never used. It is a 54mm, after a bit ignorant poking around it appears to be for K reloads? I am not even Cert 1. I assume there are no legal issues with owning it, and not being qualified? What can you tell me about it? Please use crayon, as I am sure I made it painfully clear that I am clueless with HPR.

Thank you.

Long story short, I was given a Dr. Rocket's RMS 54/1706 casing which was made in 97. It appears complete, (not loaded) and never used. It is a 54mm, after a bit ignorant poking around it appears to be for K reloads? I am not even Cert 1. I assume there are no legal issues with owning it, and not being qualified? What can you tell me about it? Please use crayon, as I am sure I made it painfully clear that I am clueless with HPR.

Thank you.

No issue in owning it. It is a good case, with many nice reloads for it, so hang onto it if you think you will be going on to L2 at some point. This is one of the cases where Aerotech makes almost all propelent variants for, which is a plus. The reloads are all $113 retail, but you can get them under $100 each if you buy sales or pre-order from BuyRocketMotors.com.

You can also get the Aerotech Reload adapter system for $58. With that system and this case you will be able to fly almost all of the 54-852, 54-1280, and 54-1706 reloads.

You'll likely need to pickup a forward seal disc. Don't think the dr rcockets came with them

Back