WHAT IS IT ABOUT THE SATURN V, NOTHING EVEN COMES CLOSE! THANK'S DAVE!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scstrain

Reaction score
So I'm the guy that posted, "Anyone build for pay in the Houston Area" a while back. Many seemed almost embarrassed for me that I would even ask. Then came the litany of all the reasons why I should build it myself. Even though none knew or realized any of the reasons why I could not do it. Well,.............................. then a different kind of person came along named, "Dave Schwantz". A person that did not judge me but said, "I'll build it for you and wont even charge you anything". I had never even met Dave and this was my first post on this forum. Could this really be true I asked myself? He PM'ed me his phone number and I called him.

He truly meant it, He was going to build me a Saturn V. I located a Estes 1969 and shipped it to him. He posted some pictures while building it at the original thread. Dave stays very, very busy with his weekly job. It is amazing how good his skills are because I don't even know where he found the time to build such a Rocket.

The Saturn V arrived yesterday in perfect condition. Dave packed it perfect. Not only did he build it, but he also upgraded the parachutes, their cords and some other things. I unpacked it and just looked at it for well over a hour with my mouth hanging open. My Wife was even in total awe. What Dave did with a box of cardboard tubes a few pieces of corrugated plastic wrap and some decals is just amazing! Not only do I have a gorgeous Saturn V but a new friend too.

Attachments

• IMG_2314.jpg
    IMG_2314.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2315.jpg
    IMG_2315.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2316.jpg
    IMG_2316.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2320.jpg
    IMG_2320.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Some more. One of my friends was a Army Jump Master. I think even he will be impressed with Dave's rigging.

Did I say, "Thanks Dave"!

Attachments

• IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2326.jpg
    IMG_2326.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2328.jpg
    IMG_2328.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 66
Its people like Dave that make this hobby enjoyable. I cant tell you how many times a good deed has come back around. It's Dave's turn for good karma now, what a crispy rocket, i would definitely put that on the mantle and leave it there ;)

Dave, the folks that make those are from a very small company in Sweden. The wood used in the handles are from local curly birch and the handle end and insert are Reindeer antler. The steel is something special for it's purpose too. I have always admired their products, especially the hatchets.

This does not even come close to what you have done for me, but I thought you might enjoy one.

Steve, I am already planning a type of shadow box to put it in to display. Then I thought of my last turkey mount from last year. It is on a huge cedar stump, thought of just sticking it in the stump with the turkey, but then how to display the reindeer skin and honing stone. the leather work that came with everything are "works of art". I will treasure this the rest of my days. I cannot wait till Davey gets home from WY, he is turkey hunting out there. Although, I am kind of afraid to show him as he may steal it :)

Like many of us here on The Rocketry Forum, I'm a Baby Boomer, grew up during the Apollo era. When I look at a full-length photo of the Saturn V (like IMG_2314.jpg above) it causes a catch in my throat, and something stirs in my soul. Mankind's greatest achievement. (So far.)
Bob Schultz

Dave, I thought you would like one of these hatchets, but I am so happy that you like them like I do! I have to admit, I kind off want to just keep my Saturn V on display. I can shoot my small one...................it can be replaced easily. My Big Saturn V, "Work of art" that you built for me needs to just be looked at and admired.

Last edited:
Back