What is a Good Reload Casing?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exprditer789

Reaction score
I have a loc percision expediter and i have a Aerotech 29-180 Casing witch i will certify with.The motor i will certify with is a H238t.After i get certified what is a good casing i can get that has many engines for that casing.Im looking for 29mm and 38mm casings. NO 54mm they are to expensive for me right now. The casing is for the expediter. Thanks Alex

Now that's a loaded question! :D pun intended!

An Aerotech 29/240 case will give you five different loads and you only have to buy the case and seal disk since you already have the closures.

A 38/360 or 38/480 motor would give you seven loads each, although one load for each motor is the Warp 9 and requires electronic deployment.

The CTI Pro29- 3 grain case will give you nine different G and H load, the 6 grain will give you 8 different H loads. The Pro38 - 2 grain casing will give you 8 different H loads.

Loki cases start at 38mm and have 4 or 5 loads per size.

The Aerotech cases cost more, but the reloads are generally cheaper so provide lower cost over the long run. The CTI case cost less but the reloads are a little more expensive, although they are generally considered easier to assemble.

Check back in a week, you'll probably have a 100 more opinions on this subject.

You might add an Aerotech 29-240 case and 29mm seal disk. That would add all the reloads that fit that case.

In 29mm the CTI Pro29 $49.95 deal is hard to beat. Add a 6 grain case to that for about $30 and you can use any Pro29 reload from 1 to 6 grains. Nice variety of loads there.

A CTI Pro38 case 3 grain or larger , a couple of grain spacers , and a DAT tool will let you fly a large number of reloads.

Plenty of choices out there.

Al

I have a loc percision expediter and i have a Aerotech 29-180 Casing witch i will certify with.The motor i will certify with is a H238t.After i get certified what is a good casing i can get that has many engines for that casing.Im looking for 29mm and 38mm casings. NO 54mm they are to expensive for me right now. The casing is for the expediter. Thanks Alex

I have a 29/240 case that is absolutely love! The 29/360 case is pretty cool, but it only has two reloads.

Loki 38-240 should be a good one ;)

However, If you want to get your best bang for your buck...
https://blastzone.com/performancehobbies/store.asp?groupid=32902113543318

:
GREAT deal, Everything you need to fly pro 29's except the reloads!:y:

You can fly all pro 29 3 grain CTI reloads, including skidmarks! (sparkies)

Have fun!
EDIT:
Also, if you get the Loki 38-240 system, you can fly H100 spitfires (sparkies) which in my opinions are better than skids :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone the sparkies sound really cool. I bet they even look cooler.Thanks Alex:cheers:jaw:

You could buy the AT 38/480 and their grain spacer adapter system, and adapt down to the 360, 240, and even a 120.

AT also says a grain adapter system is also being devloped for the 29 mm system, so you could get a 29/360 and adapt down from there, and also adapt down from your 29/180 case. Assuming they realease their 29mm spacer system in the near future.

Just as I think I am beginning to learn about motors, I read this to find out something terminology I was unaware of. Please tell me what you mean about 1 grain, 2 grain etc., or please direct me somewhere that explains it all. Thank you.

Just as I think I am beginning to learn about motors, I read this to find out something terminology I was unaware of. Please tell me what you mean about 1 grain, 2 grain etc., or please direct me somewhere that explains it all. Thank you.

The term used for a section of propellant is called a grain. Lets say a grain is 3 inches long. 2 grains of course would amount to 6 inches long and so on. A three grain motor would hold 3 of those sections/grains and so on. The more the grains a motor can hold the longer it will be and the more power it will have.

I have a 29/240 case that is absolutely love! The 29/360 case is pretty cool, but it only has two reloads.
With Aerotech's reload adapters, you can use several more reloads than that. I'm not sure if they have gone out to retailers yet, but Gary R. was demonstrating them at NARCON. They appeared to be very neat and easy to use add-ons.

CORRECTION: At present, I think that Aerotech has reload spacers for their 38mm hardware, but not yet in other motor sizes.

Mark K.

Last edited:
So, is this the type of thing I want?
https://www.rouse-tech.com/monstermotors.htm#29mmH
Then, how do I import any loads into Rocksim to use in my simulations?
Thank you!

Not sure about Rocksim, I use WRasp32, VCP, and RASAero. They're more work then Rocksim, but they're all free.

These cases are what you want for HPR reloads. NOTE, they have the 29mm cases called out wrong on the picture discription. They say left to right, but they are actually right to left with the 29/360 laying on it's side.

Aerotech has followed Cesseroni and made grain spacers. You could buy some cases and a couple of spacers and fly most reloads. The 29/360 is a 6 grain case, the 240 is 4 grains, 180 - 3 grains, 120 - 2 grain, 100 is 2 short grains, and the 60 is 1 grain. You can get a look at the number of grains and outside dimensions of Aerotech cases here

So, is this the type of thing I want?
https://www.rouse-tech.com/monstermotors.htm#29mmH
Then, how do I import any loads into Rocksim to use in my simulations?
Thank you!
RockSim comes with motor files for just about all certified motors that were available when the installer was created. A manufacturer like Aerotech's motors may not appear all together and in neat order on the list when you are selecting a motor to load into your design; you may need to scroll up and down the list to find the one you want. Aerotech motors are called either "Aerotech" or "A-RMS" and Cesaroni ProX motors are listed as "CTI." Road Runner motors are listed as "RR." If you think that you have an outdated list (unlikely if you have RS9), then you can download a file containing all of Aerotech's current motors from their web site, and likewise get motor files for all of CTI's motor from their site. You will need to unzip the file and then install it into RockSim. It's a simple process, but before you get into that, double-check to see if the motor that you want is already there on the list. Be sure you are looking for the right motor diameter, too. There is a drop-down list in the "Load motors" setting sheet where you can specify "Show only motors that match the motor tube diameter," "Show all motors that match the motor tube or are smaller" and "Show all motors." If you can't find the motor/reload that you want, it might be in a larger diameter than you think it is. To see if it is really there on the list, choose "Show all motors." A few new motors have probably come out since the list installed with RS9 was created, but not many. It is very likely that the motor you want to use is already there.

Mark K.

Check this out: https://k3rjb.com/area51/aerotech-38-special.html. My girlfriend just got one, you get the Aerotech 38 360 case, and the spacer system for 60 bucks. I paid over 200 dollars for my 38 mm hardware set 7 years ago, and that only includes one more case.

Jeremy

What do you quys/girls like better AMW or Aerotech.Aerotech is cheaper but AMW is easier.What are your opinions about these two brands.Alex

AMW reloads are not being made right now. It is unclear whether or when they will start being produced again.

Mark K.

"easier"? CTI And AMW may be easier, but not by much, AT reloads just have a few more easy to follow steps, such as "insert propellent into liner"....

"easier"? CTI And AMW may be easier, but not by much, AT reloads just have a few more easy to follow steps, such as "insert propellent into liner"....

Your observation is based on what experience?

-Kevin

Your observation is based on what experience?

-Kevin

Well it's called Bending [/I.]The rules :D I have a 18/20 case, my dad buys it, and under close supervision I move my hands around and a motor appears... And as far as my limited knowlage of AT reloads, the only extra steps are:placing the O-rings, seperating the red caps the have the igniter holder and the Ejection charge in them, and putting the delay grain in the liner.Correct me if I am mistaken.

Back