what igniter dip kits are still available?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powderburner

Reaction score
I need a little help making a list of vendors who are still handling this kind of product. Can anyone post some ideas or sources or contacts for where to look for pyrogen dips, or kits, or even just DIY tips?

I had a qstn from someone over on allexperts about this. I am not completely "up to speed" on this specialized subject, and my limited knowledge of the subject is further confused by recent BATF activity and arbitrary enforcement causing problems for vendors and running some of them out of business. I answered the guy's qstn the best I could but then I suggested he check a few forums for more answers. I suggested he might check in here on TRF, so I was hoping you guys who know this subject area would help out and post some advice to help him.

So, it's "open mike" weekend----

Two popular ones are magnalite and quickdip. I don't use them, so I can't say which works better. I have made my own igniters for awhile though, and I can PM you some easy to make formulas that work really well and some tips if you would like.

Sam

I make my own dip. The materials are available at any drug store and outdoor/camping supply store. Actually, Walmart may carry everything. My DYI igniters have been used in H to M motors and always worked. I scrounge wire so they cost me about $0.05 per igniter.

I don't think they will let me post the formula here so shoot me a PM if you want the recipe.

This is a great thread. I dusted off my references. and looked them up. These are the only ones that appear active at this time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back