What I learned today.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
1. Aerotech D21s are 18mm motors with a 1 second burn time.

2. Estes advertises the Big Bertha as having "Slow Realistic Take-offs!"

3. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA. BOOMgone.

Slow and realistic my right wing tip. I couldn't snap my head back fast enough to follow it without risking whiplash.

Oh yeah,

4. But use a streamer.

I did. I got it back. Twice. I need LOTS more D21s.

i did a baby bertha on an 18mm E-motor...
so fast, it looked like a cartoon!
:)

Yeah, I built a Big Bertha and painted it in the classic 1970's Yellow/Black/White. I also built is extra strong for those D21s....

I kept the 18" Chute, but cut a 4" spill hole.

It freakin' ZOOMs!! :cool:

I LOVE those D21s!!

Phred

Yeah, now if only we could get Aerotech to start making them again! That, or hope that Quest will come out with them soon as has recently been discussed here...

Glenn

:(

I never got my hands on a D21.....

:(

But I did slap an E30-10 in a Goblin once.... (Same size as an Estes D12.)

:eek:

I wonder if it ever made it to Jupiter yet? Last I saw it, it was well on it's way....

My guess is that with QUEST making an AP 18mm D20, that Aerotech will not re-introduce the D21. I wonder who will be producing the D20 for QUEST? Hmmm.....???

Phred

Originally posted by GlennW
Yeah, now if only we could get Aerotech to start making them again! That, or hope that Quest will come out with them soon as has recently been discussed here...

Glenn

Don't know whether they're making them or will, but there's lots of places on the Buyrockets.com that sell them. A few phone calls could find some. I don't recall where I got these two.

Cartoon: Zackly what it looked like. If it had been a person, there would have been a pair of shoes with smoke coming out left standing alone on the pad.

I have an 18mm RMS and some reloads, but so far I've been unwilling to risk it on small birds.

Back