What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to the dollar tree store only to find out that someone bout all the 6”x6” plywood squares.
Then went to the cigar/pipe shop

rode my power chair over about two and a half miles to the local shopping center where I got a marvelous stir fry shrimp dinner at the little diner, and then went next door to the Dollar Tree to discover that they were sold out of the 6-in x 6-in plywood pieces that come five in a package so I ended up buying just two pair of reading glasses.

But you still had to know your hand signals for when they stopped working. Can remember hand cranking a Morris Minor my dad had. Lots of fun in the cold.... Started though.

Brilliant design. The rainwater was channelled directly onto the actuating electromagnet. Lucas Engineering at its finest. FWIW, there is a persistent rumour that the trafficator was designed by a 'Fred in the Shed' who sent it to Lucas as a suggestion. Lucas patented the design and Fred in the Shed got shafted.

Brilliant design. The rainwater was channelled directly onto the actuating electromagnet. Lucas Engineering at its finest. FWIW, there is a persistent rumour that the trafficator was designed by a 'Fred in the Shed' who sent it to Lucas as a suggestion. Lucas patented the design and Fred in the Shed got shafted.
Indeed. Never saw one above 45 degrees in real life or that bright......

Went out for a nice brunch with my buddy, Mike. We solved all of the problems of the world in one hour.

Stopped by Hobby Lobby on the way home. Picked up a picture frame (on sale - half off!) and some blue and yellow matt board. I spent about an hour mounting my Ukranian postage stamps. Also picked up a tan and a "cranberry" color T-shirt.

ukrstamp2.jpg

Attachments

• ukrstamp2.jpg
    ukrstamp2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 0
Day 47

• Took 50 womens tops and a few robes to Goodwill along with some cosmetic cases and a lot of gift wrap. I have to be up to over 300 tops. Yep my love kept everything. When she was 'full figured' to when she was a 105 lb LoL. I hope she is happy someone will benefit from them. I know everytime I go I am a wreck for a few hours (like now) later.
  • Fed Penny. (Penelope Pie Von Punkypuss - the eldest and last of a Von Punkypuss sisters) Yeah I know so what? Mundane. Well as I have said writing this out helps. She is still eating and 'going'. So she's not shutdown yet bless her little soul. I think Kim is helping her.
  • Wrote a letter to a creditor (I have a lot of those to write) letting them know she is gone. Complete with copy of Death Certificate. Oh God...
  • Shredded a bunch of papers. Don't know if I need to, but better safe than sorry.
  • Ok... I have an inventory of spices and seasonings she left me. And its in a spreadsheet now. I am a Software Engineer after all. So it's time, tomorrow, to thaw something and try my hand at the instapot. Fire extinguisher at the ready...
  • My Sister, who was just here, hit a deer. Front of the car is wiped. But they are okay. Something positive for once! I mean hitting a deer can come through the windshield. Which is not good.
That's it. Thanks for reading... thanks for the comments and the private messages. Tomorrow is the 6th of June. The 6th of April was the last time we woke up side by side. F' why is everything an anniversary? Can you imagine July 30th, her birthday? Or Feb 14th our wedding day? Good God, I think I'll get so drunk I'll sleep through both days...

Can you imagine July 30th, her birthday? Or Feb 14th our wedding day?
No, I guess I can't. Still, I think it's time to repeat some trite but good advice: if you can, no, when you can, make those days into celebrations of her life and your time together. I know they'll always be painful reminders, yet thay can be more at the same time.

For work I have been figuring out how to configure a USB hub chip I put in one of my recent designs. Complex beasts. USB2/USB3 etc, with all the charging and powering modes. Have got that mostly worked out, so time to do the hardware jumpers and then hand the board to the Firmware people. Managed to find a reference design that the chip manufacturer have that I didn't see before designing my version. The good news is that I seem to have created something almost identical that will work :) . I am now pretty confident my board will be entirely functional.

This is a pic of the system. I have designed both PCAs.
PCAsResize.jpg

Last edited:
For work I have been figuring out how to configure a USB hub chip I put in one of my recent designs. Complex beasts. USB2/USB3 etc, with all the charging and powering modes. Have got that mostly worked out, so time to do the hardware jumpers and then hand the board to the Firmware people. Managed to find a reference design that they have that I didn't see before designing my version. The good news is that I seem to have created something almost identical that will work :) . I am now pretty confident my board will be entirely functional.

This is a pic of the system. I have designed both PCAs.
View attachment 584772
It's nice to have enough space in the design that you don't have to jam all of the components up against each other. I assume that's dictated by the cabinet size.

Day 48. June 6th. Apr 6th. I guess that makes it two months.

Did little to nothing.

I thought contacting a place called the NCC would help me figure out this credit card debt. I thought they were a consumer non-profit. LOL, they offered me basically ANOTHER monthly mortgage payment! I thought it was a non-profit to help figure this out. God I am naive. The only way out of this is some sort of BK and keep the house (my only real asset). Ideas?

I did gather up enough clothes to donate that I was able to take down a clothes rack freeing up space to work through the other 2/3rd of the bedroom it was packed into.

Nope cooked nothing. Dominos Delivers. What a loser.

God I miss her.

Lather Rinse and Repeat.

LOVE IT!!! As a smoker myself, I always love to hear details about the cook. The brisket looks better than I've ever made. I'm decent with most stuff, but I can't make a good brisket to save my life!
225 F, in a pan first 7 hours (saved juices), in peach paper through stall, opened paper for the last hour and raised temp to 300 F to crisp up the bark at the end. Done when meat hit 200 F. Poured juices over meat after slicing.

Rubbed with Kirkland Santa Maria spice and refrigerated overnight as prep.

Back