What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2: Create a list of titles and let some of us audio-fools try to figure out what the value might be and give an estimate.
There's plenty of us "audio-fools" on here who would be willing to buy some of your vinyl, Jeff.

And, you will always need Kim. That won't change. What will change, given time, is your need to vent about it. Until that time, do all the venting you want. We really don't mind.

@gdjsky01, Post pics of the LP's like this so we can read the titles. That will take the least amount of time & effort on your part.

IMG_9321.JPG

IMG_9322.JPG

This way, anything that jumps out as potentially valuable can be looked at more closely without having to dig through everything.

I'm interested in the Oscar Peterson et Joe Pass album, Tim...

Ooh, I love me some Oscar. He’s fast, mad skills, man. Let me have a look and see if it’s something I can part with.

edit: perhaps it could be used for ransom… if you come to the Turkey & GRITS launch this year, it’s yours. Bwaaaahahahaaaa!!!

Last edited:
Tim and I got together on a deal for LP's vs. heatsinks a while back. What a cool dude. A real rocket and audio guy who is rocking through life the way we all should. Having said that, his beard is somewhat shorter than his avatar, so I was mildly disappointed in that. . . :)

Good suggestion on the Liner pics vs cataloging it all. I agree 100%

Hope life is good Tim!

Tim and I got together on a deal for LP's vs. heatsinks a while back. What a cool dude. A real rocket and audio guy who is rocking through life the way we all should. Having said that, his beard is somewhat shorter than his avatar, so I was mildly disappointed in that. . . :)

Hope life is good Tim!
Tim=TRF's version of James Bond but he needs to update his avatar pic ;)

Never looked under the hood? I mean, I do damn near no work on my cars anymore either, but you don't even open the hood to fill the washer fluid tank?
I take it back to the dealership for oil changes and they do all of that. We hardly get any rain, so except for bugs I don't need to clean my windshield. I looked under the hood of the last Explorer and all I saw was engine cover. Not like the old days when you would marvel at good looking engine.
I've been giving the trees and shrubs a good soaking. I'm trying to get some of the fertilizer I spread to soak in. Also it's going to start getting hot. 115 just around the corner. I discovered that the indoor/outdoor carpet I have makes a good putting mat. So, I've spent an hour or so practicing. I'm going to our annual golf tournament in 4 weeks. It's been the same guys at the same course for 30 years. Sure has been a lot of changes from when we started playing. We used to take a 12 pack a day per guy and always ran out. That doesn't include the booze and smoking. Carts hit trees, guys fell out of carts. I remember watching one guy throw up on the 18th fairway. Said he got a bad banana. Rinsed his mouth and hit a great 3 wood. Now if somebody has a six pack it's surprising. Instead of staying up half the night and needing a bloody Mary in the morning we go to bed early and get up early. Play golf with the same 12 to 16 guys for 30 years and you get to see the real person. To bad all my friends are in Eugene Oregon. When I do see them each year it's like I never left. Besides watering I pulled weeds. Filled the garbage can. Not even close to done. When the weeds I sprayed Round Up on dry out I'll go after them with my weed torch. Looks like an after burner when I use it at twilight. It runs on propane and has a blue flame 3' long. It's supposed to boil the liquid in the plant and kill the root. Works most of the time. The ducks are back. I saw both the male and female. They let me get about 20' from them before they flew away. They'll be back. This is where the food is. In a couple of minutes I'm going to try and shoot some pack rats around my bird feeder. Suppressed .22 with subsonic ammo. Won't disturb anyone but the pack rats.

Last edited:
I take it back to the dealership for oil changes and they do all of that. We hardly get any rain, so except for bugs I don't need to clean my windshield. I looked under the hood of the last Explorer and all I saw was engine cover.
It's all about the engine cover so that people go WOW when they open the hood
I'm going to try and shoot some pack rats around my bird feeder. Suppressed .22 with subsonic ammo. Won't disturb anyone but the pack rats.
A friend of mine ran an electric wire to his bird feeder and peeled the insulation back so that the squirrels would have their rear feet on it and he had a simple wall switch mounted inside of his house to where he could look out and see the squirrels through the window, then throw the switch, and electrocuting them...... he did 127 of them one year.

Returned my broken (never worked) 12V-240Vac inverter (1500W) to the supplier. They tested it and replaced it on the spot. I will test this one out later in the week. Also picked up another 50A cable so I can have a 12V 50A outlet for my second battery behind the rear seat of the Jeep. Just need to run that under the carpet, or if it doesn't look so good then under the sill panel (more work). I suspect it will end up under the sill.

Hope life is good Tim

Life is life!

Thanks for the kind words, and right back at you! It’s cool that we may have crossed paths a couple of times in the distant past. Road Atlanta, when the dip was still there…
BTW, you mentioned coming by HiFiBuys with a friend back in the day. Do you remember his name?

Day 41 without my Kim.
Nothing spectacular today.
  • Took a bunch of stuff, including 35 tops, do donate.
  • Made sure the payment plan I arranged with SoCal Edison got paid.
  • Got a pile of collection agency and medical bills in the mail. Filed them as needed… Since I am not sure of my budget, and my credit score is already < 500, well, I need to focus on the basics. Mortgage, insurance, utilities, and network. BK but keeping the house... may be the only way. Not sure.
  • Finished checking in some code for work into GitHub.
  • Brushed Penny. Twice
  • Sat outside with a beer and started reading a book my best man’s widow sent me: The Step-by-Step Instant Pot Cookbook:
  • Cried a few times. Not quite as bad as some days.
  • Now 50/50 chance I’ll bail on GSSP. Penny is frail. And so am I.
Just not sure…
Have I mentioned how much I miss her?

Enquiring minds wish to know how such a device works. 🤔
think of a graduated V notch, the further up the wider section the paint goes the thicker it is, thinner paints gravitated to the thinner section toward the point of the V, the tool is held vertical with the point of the V notch down.

think of a graduated V notch, the further up the wider section the paint goes the thicker it is, thinner paints gravitated to the thinner section toward the point of the V, the tool is held vertical with the point of the V notch down.

Cool. I just usually plant a finger on it by accident and see how far up my nail it goes…

I went to the Post Office today. When I got there the line was out to the lobby. One clerk with a customer and a missing clerk. I was 9th. Thought I might be there 40 minutes. So I left. It can wait. Dropped buy the gun store. One of the guns I had on consignment sold. Bought a new gun. Ruger Mark 4 .22lr. Then to Smith's for some groceries. They started carrying Krispy Creme donuts. Yum. We had a scare this morning. When I locked the garage door last night I thought all the cats were in the house. I usually open the garage doors in the morning to let the cool air in. I did this morning. Later my wife asked if I had seen one of the cats. Searched the house and the garage, the doors were down by now. No cat. I started looking outside, no cat. If she left when I opened the doors she had been out for a couple of hours. Searched outside a couple of more times. We figured she would come back for dinner. I was sitting in the garage when I heard a meow. And there she was. I think she never left the garage. She must have a good hidey hole. Pruned a little watered some more trees. I have a golf club travel case. Hard plastic by SKB. The TSA sprung a hinge on it. Nice of them. I had tried to fix it a few times. My clubs have been in Oregon for the last several years. I haven't played down here in years. So the case sat at my friends house with my clubs. Last year I shipped everything home. Today I got out some plyers, screwdriver, chisel and a hammer. I worked on getting everything lined up. Pull here, hammer there. And then slid a brass rod through the hinge loops. Success. I fixed it. Saved my self $300 since I don't need a new one. I'm taking a load of cats to Vegas tomorrow and I'm going to take my clubs. If the weather report is right I'll play.

Started running another 50A outlet from my second battery in the Jeep. Having the batteries under the front seats is a PITA. Decided to go the proper way around, and run it under the sill panels. More work but more betterer.

Much more betterer, in fact. I’m a fan of tidy wiring.

Back