What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woke early. Hoped I could catch the last few minutes of the Demons/Lions match (Melbourne/Brisbane - Aussie football). Turned on the TV to find that the lights had gone out in the first few minutes of the 4th term. They finally got three of the four light posts turned on and play resumed. Melbourne was down 40 points, and almost tied the score, but just ran out of time. That was an exciting quarter!

Went to knee Dr, and got a cortisone shot in joint...that is a weird feeling. Hopefully, this fixes it up, but if not next step would be an orthoscopic procedure to smooth out the roughness on the back of the patella. Dr says the articular cartilage is "a torn up mess" but there are lots of things to do to put off a knee replacement for sometime. He agreed with the other docs that I'm good for my cycling races this summer, and that I should be able to return to long distance tris in the second half of 2024.

This experience is making me be more diligent about the things I can control. Along that line, I wish I had taken arch support and foot health in general more seriously sooner. The immediate effect on the knee and hip angles, and therefore discomfort/strain/recovery, from properly sized arch-supporting insoles is amazing.

How much volume of sap is needed to yield that much syrup, I'm assuming significantly more?

Sugar % of the sap overall is a bit low this year, but that's kind of normal if the sap runs earlier. Typically it's 2%, so 43:1 sap to syrup. I've collected and cooked down 1985 gallons of sap so far.

I spent the day with my friend who came down from Ohio and he did some wire management in the back of the audio rack for me, removed some excess cables, then we went through the nine speakers that he's buying from me, and the receiver, and the subwoofer, and gave him instructions on how to hook everything up, talked about where everything was going to go in his room, Etc
we went out to eat Mexican for dinner overall a great day but I am worn slap out. :confused:

Yesterday took the cat to the vet in the morning to have a lump cut off her side and her teeth done. Picked her up in the afternoon. Wallet is $1400 lighter.

Mexican for dinner, but our usual favourite was shut due to their annual holiday.

Purchased a new lock on the way home yesterday, and fitted it to the gun safe today. The Australian made lock is much better than the Chinese carp they had in there before.

Put a screw in a loose eye-guard on the bench grinder. I have been getting around to doing that for about a decade. No rush.

Went to Bunnings (big hardware store) to get some bits to repair the carport. Repaired the structure of the front gable on the carport.

Cleaning out our storage space under the roofline. Who would have thought we needed so many suitcases?

Relaxing with a Tequila and a cat.

Heading out for dinner (local Thai) with brother and sister in-law tonight.

my friend who is visiting from Ohio, got the nine speakers and receiver he bought from me, loaded up this morning, after we went out for breakfast and he is now headed back to Ohio. I was up all day yesterday when he was here so now I'm wiped out today.

Moved Windows 10 from spinning disk to a NVME SSD in my PC (only use it for games, so I suffered through spinning disk for as long as I could). That was an adventure, but it's working and still dual boots fine to Linux (Primary OS).

Meant to get some laundry done. Meant to clean !y desk to get the new (hand me down) computer set up. Instead, watched all eight episodes of Taboo. (No, not that Taboo.)

after my friend who was visiting left for home, the rest of the day was spent in bed as it wiped me out staying up all day yesterday.

Not today, but tomorrow:

Tomorrow, Donna and I celebrate our second wedding anniversary. We're both off from work and after I take Der Red Maxine to the body shop to have the bumper repaired, the two of us are going to the Newton County Animal Shelter to pick out a little boy kitten to be a companion for Ms. Lagertha, our long-haired tuxedo brat cat.

Went through the vertical magazine holders and organized and labeled the outside. Now to get someone (my wife) to raise the shelves in my other cabinet so that the magazines can go down on the bottom shelf. I want to get rid of the 4-cube Ikea unit so that I can lower the upper unit down on the floor, which will allow me to move the tall bookcase over, and allow the closet door to open farther.

Dropped Der Red Maxine off at the body shop. Enterprise picked me up and before we left the body shop, the young lady from Enterprise noticed that DRMine is a truck and GEICO had only authorized a compact car. She suggested I contact GEICO (the other driver's InsCo) to tell them I needed a truck, since that's what I drive. The attendant at GEICO told me that because I was in Georgia, she couldn't upgrade me like that, but to talk to the adjuster. She was supposed to send me the adjuster's name and number in an email, but didn't get it before we left for Enterprise. However, the body shop called and got me upgraded before we actually got in the car to head over.

I came >< this close to renting an orange Challenger with the same engine DRMine has (3.6L VVT), but they required an actual credit card, not a debit card, which is all I have. Ended up getting a 2020 Dodge Journey, instead.

Donna and I went to the NCAS and looked at cats. Most of them were female, but there was one BIG 10-year old boy named, of course, "Big Boy." His owner had died and he and his sister were the longest residents in the shelter. We took Big Boy home, but don't have the room for his sister. If we hadn't adopted him, he was scheduled to be euthanized tomorrow. I hope someone picks his sister today before she suffers the same fate. Little Miss Lagertha, our tuxedo, is a bit wary of him, as he is definitely over 7 kilos (15 or more pounds) and she's about half his mass, at best. He pays her no mind as he explores.

No pictures, yet. He seems to be an expert at finding hiding places where nobody will bother him. I'll post them in the Cat thread when I can coax him into the open for a pic.

Wife got the shelves moved up in the cabinet. Then loaded n the 5 magazine bins We found (2) Onkyo receiver calibration mics today. Arranged the tools in the bottom drawer of my desk. Found the LED strip light kit so I might put 2 rows under the shelf of the desk so that I can select some low light when needed. My 4 ft LED strip light is pretty bright and directly above the Monitor screen.

1. more cable management today.
2. went to our favorite Chinese restaurant today for lunch with money from selling speakers.

Back