What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday avo I completed wiring the VFD onto the milling machine. Now I have speed control on the spindle. Just need to complete programming of the VFD (limits, etc), and put a 3D-printed cover over the wiring where it exits the flex conduit.

Pics at some point. I love machinery.

Sandy.

no continuity across the defrosting element? usually it's the defrost timer.
Not just no continuity.... BUT the glass/quartz tube is cracked.
20230126_210630.jpg

So I am wrapping a layer of electrical tape over the wire ends... putting everything back.... then when part gets here...I get to do this all over again...yippee :(

Printed out the tickets for Sunday’s Red Hot Chilli Peppers concert.

‘No cameras allowed’. Seriously?
That used to be quite common and was a rule for Ticketmaster venues back in the 90s and early 2000s. 2002ish I was in contact with a manager for rock band about some photography to be taken at a show. I was given a couple tickets for my effort. The day of the show (at Top Cats in Cincy, for those that know the club it is every stereotype of a dive rock bar.) I was standing on the side of the stage with 2 members of the headlining band taking pictures of the opening act when a manager from the club tapped my shoulder and threatened to kick me and my friends out. We explained everything but she was still upset. They let me continue but she kept saying that ticketmaster would have them in big trouble if they found out.

Last edited:
Well, even huge festivals like Bluesfest allow cameras. Photographing bands is, to me, a big part of the appeal.

No biggie I suppose, but this will be my last ever ‘no cameras’ concert.
I haven't seen a concert say no cameras in 10-15 years. I've seen some prohibit "professional" cameras, but cell phones and basic point and shoot or smaller lensed DSLR cameras are ubiquitous these days. When I saw Starset several years back they even had a bunch of augmented reality scenes set up on an app and triggered by video screens and props on the stage.

Better yet was the Weezer comeback tour in 2001. It was sponsored by Napster and encouraged people to make bootlegs of the show. I remember one guy in the crowd had a video camera with a boom mic on a long pole sticking out of the middle of the crowd.

I recently watched a video of people that were trying to get Ticketmaster to get in line and quit trying to rape people on ticket prices, and basically the interviewer started asking questions of the president of Ticketmaster and he was stumbling all over himself trying to come up with justification for what they were doing, they're not a good company at all.

I recently watched a video of people that were trying to get Ticketmaster to get in line and quit trying to rape people on ticket prices, and basically the interviewer started asking questions of the president of Ticketmaster and he was stumbling all over himself trying to come up with justification for what they were doing, they're not a good company at all.

Never has been; never will be. At least 4 decades, longer really... Ticketmaster has earned whatever burning hell into which it falls.

I watched the evening news and got completely disgusted to the point of wanting to throw up on the ridiculous excuse we have for a judicial system. As they described the New York City ISIS terrorist who shot 28 people, killing five of them, and then ended up getting captured on the spot by police and he told them he wanted to be killed so he would become a martyr, so the ridiculous part of this is that he did this 5 years ago and they just now brought him to trial. what could be more wrong than this?
Yeah, it's very wrong. More wrong than this would be killing at the scene, or even giving him the death penalty in court, which would be giving him what he wants. He should be - should already have been - thrown into a cell to live out a miserable life then die alone and forgotten.

Went to a Dollar Tree for an inventory. Got there, wondered where everybody was. Looked at my schedule and finally noticed that it's supposed to be Monday, not today. /DOH!

mounted the remote control head for the Kenwood TS 2000b transceiver and then re-routed the cable around the back of the Shelf of the Tanker desk and did some wire management in the back of the ham radio receiver.

Last edited:
Trying to get a drain cleanout open so I can get the bathtub to drain a little better. It's entirely possible it's been sealed up since the house was built nearly 75 years ago. PB Blaster is soaking in but having little effect.

Trying to get a drain cleanout open so I can get the bathtub to drain a little better. It's entirely possible it's been sealed up since the house was built nearly 75 years ago. PB Blaster is soaking in but having little effect.
If it's metal, the plugs frequently have to be broken out. If it's metal, it can really help to apply heat to the threads. Be careful about how much heat you apply, of course. You want the metal to expand a little to break any corrosion bonds.

Jim

installed more Velcro cable ties along the baseboard near the stereo rack, it sure is very difficult to bend over and do something down close to the floor as it tends to close off my air supply.

If it's metal, the plugs frequently have to be broken out. If it's metal, it can really help to apply heat to the threads. Be careful about how much heat you apply, of course. You want the metal to expand a little to break any corrosion bonds.

Jim
It is definitely metal. I’ll see if I can heat it up tomorrow after the PB has a chance to offgas a little. It’s right next to a wood ceiling, so I can’t go blasting the torch everywhere. Good suggestion-hopefully I can make it work.

mounted the remote control head for the Kenwood TS 2000b transceiver and then re-routed the cable around the back of the Shelf of the Tanker desk and did some wire management in the back of the ham radio receiver.
I used to have a TS2000 (not B). Loved it. Shack-in-the-Box.

I used to have a TS2000 (not B). Loved it. Shack-in-the-Box.
right when I first got licensed we found a TS-2000 for $300 because they said it would not power up, but the guy who picked it up for me already had it fixed when I showed up at the ham meeting. it was just a bad connection on the power wire but I only had it a couple of months and then had to sell it to make the house payment when I got disabled. so the guy that I sold by Flex 6400 to, so that I could pay off the car, :( had this one at his house that he wasn't using, so he's letting me use it until I die.

Did a bit of gardening in the morning, before it got too hot. Then spent most of the day in the workshop (air-conditioned). Replaced all the fuel hoses in my chainsaw. They were 25 years old and breaking. Cleaned up the chainsaw's nooks and crannies while I was at it. Tidied workshop, repaired a DVD remote control for my sister, and got the VFD on the mill programmed for some higher speeds (up to 120Hz maximum now).

I found a stack of old photographs going back to even high school and took pictures of him with my cell phone so that I could keep them and then stick them in my Imgur account.

Jim
Application of fire, more PB Laster, and torque from a 4-foot-long breaker bar did the trick. Opened it up, no apparent clogs. Ran the snake up and down, nothing. Fiddled with some other parts, no apparent clogs cleared. Put it all together again, seems to drain fine.

So it's a success, but a slightly unsatisfying one where I don't know what I did to fix it. 😐

Application of fire, more PB Laster, and torque from a 4-foot-long breaker bar did the trick. Opened it up, no apparent clogs. Ran the snake up and down, nothing. Fiddled with some other parts, no apparent clogs cleared. Put it all together again, seems to drain fine.

So it's a success, but a slightly unsatisfying one where I don't know what I did to fix it. 😐
You have a couple of girls in the house dont you (at least I thought you did)? The most common cause of slow bathtub drainage is long hair in the drain, I have found the Zip It style drain cleaners work well on both sinks and tubs, the cleaners can be purchased at Lowes/HomeDepot/etc. The Zip It type tools are recommended as single use but by carefully cleaning them off they can be reused multipe times (they are plastic so why waste after one use, just be careful the plastic barbs are pokey).

https://zipitclean.com/invention-news/zip-it-drain-cleaning-tool/

So far all I have done is play with the Kitten/cats. Trying to keep them from knocking everything off the shelves in the garage. They did find a bolt I dropped a couple of weeks ago. They found it but I couldn't.

I'm sorry.... Didn't see you were doing something requiring PB Blaster....
HILCO Lube.... I replaced about 9 different cans of "stuff" with HILCO Lube.... I put it in needle oilers and use it for lubing and ESPECIALLY for breaking metal parts apart.... Never use anything else.

Also, with it and 100% ISO you can clean up virtually any non-silicone (on not fully cured silicone) sealant on the planet. GREAT for cleaning up the clear sealant they slop around all over RV trim, etc.

Back