What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... I picked up a mixed review vehicle to replaced my wiped out, and worthless, 1999 QX4 (which I wanted to drive into the ground...) .
A 2009 ML350 4MATIC with 108k

From all I can tell via the net:
  1. It is a complete POS
  2. A Decent small SUV.
Such is the internet.
Time will I guess tell.
I live in Los Angeles. Not having a car is almost a death sentence
My budget was SEVERELY limited.
Used car prices are insane
New car prices are totally rediculous

Just got back from the eye doctor. After the exam I described some details of vision issues. He nodded and said "Cataracts will do that."

Lovely.:(

I go back in four months for a dilated-pupil exam and we'll know more then.

Just got back from the eye doctor. After the exam I described some details of vision issues. He nodded and said "Cataracts will do that."

That's what you get for living so long! ;)
I can't see out of one ear and can't hear out of the other eye.

Cataracts used to be more of a big deal, a notable level of disability for life even after the surgery. Nowadays, with implanted replacement lenses, they're closer to just a pain in the ass. A big pain in the ass, but not a tragedy.

wife found a long sleeve t-shirt in grey for one of my TRF shirts I'm going to have my DIL's mother make. We found out she has a room full of machines to do embroidery, etc. We need to get a white short sleeve t-shirt next. Since I'm in a powerchair, I'm just going to have a large logo on the front.

Two trees down in last night's storm. Both missed the house, which was nice.
One however did clip the water tank stand on the outside toilet. Cut up trees today, drain water tank and repair the tank stand on Saturday.
Fingers crossed I actually get some kits boxed up tomorrow.

Two trees down in last night's storm. Both missed the house, which was nice.
One however did clip the water tank stand on the outside toilet. Cut up trees today, drain water tank and repair the tank stand on Saturday.
Fingers crossed I actually get some kits boxed up tomorrow.
WAIT A MINUTEo_O an outside toilet? it is enclosed I hope?:p

Finally got the permit back from my council to be able to lop a big tree in our backyard. I had started already with some "ornamental pruning" last week, but now I will take it down entirely. There are still 11 trunks on it to remove, and I have done four already, cut up, mulched and into the bins. I'm glad it is only one tree.

Once it is gone I will pull the fence back upright.

I had quarterly Sim lab time and surgical skill practice with our medical director. Sim man was in bad shape, but we were able to save him long enough for the next group to come in.

Got the report back from the mechanic on my new old car.
Good news is, other than the bad news, there is very little to worry about. Everything other than the tires (which I knew about) is good, except that is...
For the bad news. There will be a steering rack in my future, but for now, a little power steering fluid every few months will do until, at some point, it won't. By then I should have the funds to replace it.

Overall, for 9k? I am happy. used car prices are insane here in the USA. And I kissed a lot of frogs at that price point over the past week, before I found something that was apparently pretty well taken care of. It's not perfect. But a 2009 with 108k miles (174km) ain't gonna be.

Went to Dr. for meds, and to get EKG to check up on something that showed up on pre-surgery tests a couple of weeks ago. Yup, it was really there.

Followed this by a great lunch of Thai food at a local place. Wonderful red curry chicken; lots of coconut milk. They make big batches for the lunch specials, so there's no heat (spice) to it. A few drops of chili paste fixed that. A cold drizzly day made it taste even better.

Heading to Pain Management for a scary (to me) epidural in the neck. Elder daughter driving me. Wife was supposed to drive but got a call yesterday from younger daughter, who must be in St. Louis in a few hours. She's having a procedure to remove a stent in the gall bladder and do this and that before scheduling her for removal of the d****d organ.:(

Well... I picked up a mixed review vehicle to replaced my wiped out, and worthless, 1999 QX4 (which I wanted to drive into the ground...) .
A 2009 ML350 4MATIC with 108k

From all I can tell via the net:
  1. It is a complete POS
  2. A Decent small SUV.
Such is the internet.
Time will I guess tell.
I live in Los Angeles. Not having a car is almost a death sentence
My budget was SEVERELY limited.
Used car prices are insane
New car prices are totally rediculous
You’ll want to get that into a shop to be looked at soon. You never know what kinds of issues you’ll find under the hood within a thousand miles. Stay on top of your maintenance.

Waiting on parts for the next rocket. So, I built and AR. Looked at more AR parts and tools. Ordered some more parts for the next AR. I should try to sell the ones already built.

Back