What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had the first significant power outage here since we bought the place 25 years ago. We’re about 4 hours in and expecting power to be restored soon.

Disposed of. Some will be saved/frozen for some trapping my dad does.
I was curious as to "how" you disposed of it? What does your Dad trap? My grandfather ran a pelt business for all the trappers in the surrounding counties. They were hung up in rows on the back wall of the maintenance garage, back in the 60's

I was curious as to "how" you disposed of it? What does your Dad trap? My grandfather ran a pelt business for all the trappers in the surrounding counties. They were hung up in rows on the back wall of the maintenance garage, back in the 60's

Disposal is at a local taxidermist...dumpster available.

Coyotes, racoon and this year he has tags to trap fishers for the first time.

I trap muskrats on my property. Fun, and keeps my shoreline from falling apart....which cost me $12k to fix after we bought it.

Last edited:
Spent the last couple days getting the new garage setup. Ordered a TIG machine and EV charger, fixed up some of the janky electrical work I found and got my ring camera and internet (4G router thing with a mint mobile card) working. Managed to get started on some suspension work this afternoon, too!

Attachments

• C9955DE7-A673-49D9-B04E-DFEBE5F389DA.png
    C9955DE7-A673-49D9-B04E-DFEBE5F389DA.png
    9.2 MB · Views: 0
went to my sons house for dinner. Then sat with my 10 year old grandson and we talked for over an hour on world topics:)

Nothing like the wisdom of a 10 year old. I remember once asking a friend's younger sister (7 years old?) something like "What's the meaning of life?" After pondering this question for a bit, she replied: "Well, the cozy things are important".

Tragedy. I realized that another season of launching has passed me by without my completing the DX3 kit. It's almost done, too. Some background: I reside in a heavily seasonal clime subject to super frigid weather as the Earth wobbles around the Sun. When the arctic season comes on, launches just cease here. Few venture outside. Plus, I live in a condo with no workshop, so I either have to open the windows to vacate fumes or work on the deck. Once the cold invades, neither seem like enjoyable prospects.

I really want to finish the kit for next year's season. I still want to get an L1. But, alas, it will have to wait for another season (again).

Smoked some chickens and fresh side we got at Costo last week. No room in the freezers for turkey or ham, filled them up with a whole cow earlier this year and haven't been here to eat much of it. Spending the summer in Northern New Mexico has it's downside, no hot tub up there either! :oops:

Smoked some chickens and fresh side we got at Costo last week. No room in the freezers for turkey or ham, filled them up with a whole cow earlier this year and haven't been here to eat much of it. Spending the summer in Northern New Mexico has it's downside, no hot tub up there either! :oops:
You should remedy the lack of a hot tub ASAP!

Very little, $4 at most. Barely covers trap costs.
I helped my uncle do his trap lines for muskrat back in the mid '70s. Got $0.75 for a pelt so I learned how to take the pelts off. You only got $0.50 if you took in the whole muskrat which my second uncle did. He would just throw them in old bread bags and in the freezer until he had 50 or so to take in. My aunt got really pissed when she got a loaf of bread out of the freezer and thawed it only to find out it wasn't bread.

Not sure what the raccoon pelts were going for, but you could get up to $25 for a red fox pelt and $50 for a silver fox.

I had a third uncle loosing chickens to a fox so my second uncle came and set up a trap line to get the fox. That's when I found out you usually get all the skunks before you get the fox. Not sure if you could even get anything for the skunk pelts back then.

[H]ow in the heck do you figure out reputable user car dealers? It seem like it could be an oxymoron.
1. Look for reviews and references.
2. Deal with one that gives a little bit of a warrantee. Not much, not like new, but if they'll back it for even 30 days it should mean that they're not pulling any shenanigans.

Very little, $4 at most. Barely covers trap costs.
What about your deer hides?

Anyway, I've been at the home of my wife's sister and brother-in-law (my room mate back in college) for the holiday. We drove down Wednesday night. Today her brother and his family are here too.

I had a guy come over to fill in a couple of trenches. The landscaper I hired last year finally found the leak I had contracted with them to fix. I've been dealing with them for a year. When they found the leak I said, OK, now fix it. He said they only contracted to find it. I had to have our plumber come out to fix it. I had the landscaper leave the trenches open so I could have someone inspect their work. I'm afraid I'm going to have to sue the landscaper for breach of contract. I told them the contract was to find and fix. And why would I only want the leak found but not fixed. They also, some how disconnected the hose bib in the back yard and wouldn't fix it. The owner asked me, did it work before. What an a$$. I am going to flame him on social media.
I went in to the gun store to certify a couple of Class 3 items. I put up a grab bar in the shower for my wife. She is getting unsteady on her feet because of the MS. Yesterday I sanded the 4x4"s for the cat tree. Now I have to draw a plan for the tree.

huge girth o_O what are going to use for a stand? , oh....check for squirrels
We have a big stand from past large trees -- we have an old house w/ 10' ceilings so always get big trees but this one is just really 'girthy' ;)

I have never had a squirrel but a couple of years ago we had a praying mantis nest -- it was like a horror show, the wall and floor were covered in tiny praying mantises.

Back