What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope, not usually, It just runs from the headshell down through the tone arm and then makes a 90° down through the bottom.
If you need some thin wire you could try stripping some out of a USB cable. Might be a little thicker and easier to handle than the super thin stuff.

If you need some thin wire you could try stripping some out of a USB cable. Might be a little thicker and easier to handle than the super thin stuff.
Next thing is to locate a set of snap ring pliers with some long attachments to it that'll allow me to get down the end of that sleeve/well so that I can pull that sleeve off. That will allow me to get down into the area where the wires are broke off to see if all five wires are accessible, and have enough to splice some new magnet wires on.

Next thing is to locate a set of snap ring pliers with some long attachments to it that'll allow me to get down the end of that sleeve/well so that I can pull that sleeve off. That will allow me to get down into the area where the wires are broke off to see if all five wires are accessible, and have enough to splice some new magnet wires on.
I'm assuming from all of the discussion about replacing the wires that a new tone arm isn't easily/cheaply available?

Replaced the black ink cartridge in the Epson printer. IT WORKS NOW! I need to see if Office Depot will take back the defective black cartridge I bought from them.

Found my local dealer. Nice little bike.

View attachment 540639
the famous Youtube lady "Itchy Boots" that travels the world on back roads, solo, did her first season on a RE twin 400cc and they sold tons of bikes after that. She is now on Season 6 starting in South America, heading to Alaska. Has 1.3 million subscribers

Is it a 990 tonearm?

https://www.rudtro.com/Empire_990_Tone_Arm_Rewire.pdf

Started a woodworking project. Pretty soon it's going to be too cold to work in the garage much, certainly too cold to paint. I thought I'd try making a storage box using hand tools. The materials are mostly old blinds I've scavanged from the neighbor's trash. I think it's either spruce or basswood. The project will be an interesting mix of metric and Imperial measurements. The blinds are 50mm wide and 3mm thick. The sides are 4"x9". I'll use box joints at the corners. I haven't decided on whether to make the top/bottoms out of ply or edge glue several blinds (or both). Should look something like"

toolbox.jpg

I mowed the lawn. Went to Walmart for a couple of things. Then brought home very good Chinese food. The restaurant is called China Wok. Their parking lot is always full.

Went to the annual "100 mile yard sale".

Picked up an airbrush compressor and a Heathkit power supply for $5 each. It just about killed me, but I had to pass on a Kitchen Aid mixer in great shape for $15. Agreements/budget, and it was still very early in the morning.

We picked up a lot of other stuff to turn for a profit, my wife is becoming a great reseller using her time around our son's college classes. She's developed a good eye for stuff I'd never look at, the first two items she nabbed for a dollar or two should net $30-$50 each. The compressor may have to go, we'll see. I have a full-size compressor and paint/detail guns, so no great loss if it's too profitable to keep.

But I couldn't pass on these LP's. One batch of 12 for $10, many of which are promo versions, and one batch of 8 for $16. Unpacking, I realize I left the Zappa with London Symphony Orchestra behind by mistake. It's long gone now😢:

grp1.png

grp2.png

grp3.png

grp4.png

I'll sell a select few of them, and the cost of the keepers will be covered!

I got the new 5 panel led light and the 2 florescent strip lights I had in my garage, set out to take to my sons house tomorrow evening to use in his garage. It's 3 things out of our 3x6 foot patio closet. The downsizing continues.

Went to the annual "100 mile yard sale".

Picked up an airbrush compressor and a Heathkit power supply for $5 each. It just about killed me, but I had to pass on a Kitchen Aid mixer in great shape for $15. Agreements/budget, and it was still very early in the morning.

We picked up a lot of other stuff to turn for a profit, my wife is becoming a great reseller using her time around our son's college classes. She's developed a good eye for stuff I'd never look at, the first two items she nabbed for a dollar or two should net $30-$50 each. The compressor may have to go, we'll see. I have a full-size compressor and paint/detail guns, so no great loss if it's too profitable to keep.

But I couldn't pass on these LP's. One batch of 12 for $10, many of which are promo versions, and one batch of 8 for $16. Unpacking, I realize I left the Zappa with London Symphony Orchestra behind by mistake. It's long gone now😢:

View attachment 540916

View attachment 540917

View attachment 540918

View attachment 540919

I'll sell a select few of them, and the cost of the keepers will be covered!
PM me if you want to sell any of the Rush stuff!

Sandy.

Celebrated Geniece's birthday (VERY late) with lunch with the daughters, a walk in the local park, and a visit to an olive oil/vinegar shop. Lots of specialty flavored balsamic vinegars that do a lot for marinades and salads.

We'll probably celebrate my birthday (later this month) somewhere around May 2023. Getting everyone together is a trifle difficult...

Also came home after to find that my 32" monitor had fallen over and was now a large piece of junk. Another order to Costco...

Last edited:
came home after to find that my 32" monitor had fallen over and was now a large piece of junk

I feel your pain.

My phone slid off my dash Friday landing just right to destroy the touch screen. Totally unresponsive, it won't even turn off. Ugh. An old Android phone, but everything was on it. My biggest worry? Is it that I can't log into my work email or Teams, or any work-related site because of dual-factor requirements? Nah. Is it not knowing whether Rocket Locator will work on the next phone? Yep, that's the real concern!!!

Last edited:
Refurbished the yard birds.

I made these windvanes about 7 ish years ago and every 3 years or so I give them a light sanding and then reapply Spar Urethane. We have the P-40 in the backyard and the P-51 in the side yard.

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG

Had a date night with my wife after a few years of not taking the time away from the kids.

We went to our favorite restaurant in the Hamptons, a little Italian place in Sag Harbor, NY. We had a great meal and a nice time away from the kids (kids had a good time with grandma).

Jimmy Fallon and his family were sitting at the table next to ours which was pretty surreal.

Back