What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished converting my forklift science toy to a rover. You don't have to remove screws, if you can figure out the drawings. Only took 3 mornings. An incorrect assumption was made at step 1 and fouled the whole thing up. Been years since I messed with it. It was a good refresher.
20220815_122748.jpg

Not today but went to Rocking the Rivers Thurs to Sun. Bit warm in the afternoon but bands started at noon and ended after one AM each night. Good times!

Caught the other possum that had been running around the house. I was sitting on the couch watching TV when I heard a loud Clang! from the kitchen. I quietly walked in, and it was head down, chowing away in the plastic container I keep the cat's food in. The clang was the scoop I measure the cat's food (he gets two 1/4 cup scoops a day). I put on leather gloves and picked it up. It wasn't particularly upset or agressive. Into the carrier it went. I'll drop it off at animal control tomorrow. Hope that's the last one!

[edit] these are small, young possums I've been catching. The biggest was about the size of a one liter coke bottle. The second about the size of a 12 oz can.

Last edited:
Just (a couple hours ago) got home from summer family camping trip #2. 16 days. Finger Lakes region in NY, White Mountains in New Hampshire and Acadia National Park. Son and I climbed/hiked Mt. Washington so that's checked off the bucket list. Now to unpack, clean things, and work on processing a bazillion photos.

IMG_20220813_084814621.jpg

IMG_20220813_135513615_HDR_2.jpg

IMG_20220807_102123835.jpg

Did a deep clean on our aquariums today before heading back to work tomorrow. Then I helped the wife set up a new terrarium for her corn snake.

Just (a couple hours ago) got home from summer family camping trip #2. 16 days. Finger Lakes region in NY, White Mountains in New Hampshire and Acadia National Park. Son and I climbed/hiked Mt. Washington so that's checked off the bucket list. Now to unpack, clean things, and work on processing a bazillion photos.

View attachment 532647

View attachment 532648

View attachment 532649

Awesome. Bet you are ready to go back and do the Mt. Washington Hill Climb? Put some of those mountain bike pie-plate gears to work!

. Then I helped the wife set up a new terrarium for her corn snake.
Every time I hear of someone having a snake inside their house reminds me of the news story where a guy came in the house with his wife screaming bloody murder as their large snake had gotten out of its container and was in the baby crib as it had already swallowed their infant.

View attachment 532649
I'd love to get back up there. The Whites are incredible. This one's from my trip in March of 2020.

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Awesome. Bet you are ready to go back and do the Mt. Washington Hill Climb? Put some of those mountain bike pie-plate gears to work!

Oh balls, that would be rough. Around here my low gear on my race bike is 28t chainring with a 40t cog on the XTR cassette. Woefully inadequate there.

I'd love to get back up there. The Whites are incredible. This one's from my trip in March of 2020.
Doing that in winter or winter-ish conditions has to be a good bit more difficult than just some wind and cloud cover in the summer. But yeah, we loved the Whites and want to go back. So much to hike there!

Every time I hear of someone having a snake inside their house reminds me of the news story where a guy came in the house with his wife screaming bloody murder as their large snake had gotten out of its container and was in the baby crib as it had already swallowed their infant.

Well, around here we put pythons into our roof space to control the rat population. Only seen one in bed with the kids once, but they weren't infants. Snakes, especially pythons, they just snuggle up to get warm.

A 'pet' snake is used to being fed. I have a problem with 'pet' snakes. YMMV.

Doing that in winter or winter-ish conditions has to be a good bit more difficult than just some wind and cloud cover in the summer. But yeah, we loved the Whites and want to go back. So much to hike there!
It's definitely the wildest trip I've done yet. Got a little dicey the next day climbing up from Lake of the Clouds with everything covered with a thick layer of ice. We were glad to finish up that afternoon and decompress.

Back