What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a guy pick up a kitchen, from the house we are going to eventually demolish, that I advertised on Facebook. Found out during the week that he dumped a lot of renovation rubbish in the backyard, hidden behind the garage, when he picked up the kitchen. Funnily enough it is all on CCTV. He also underpaid for some other items he purchased out of the house, and took a fire grate as well. Been talking to the police and council about it and something will be done if he doesn't get back to me and remove it over the weekend. I really hope he doesn't.

I had an Irish uncle who said, "The only person you can trust is the one wearing your pants." Now, discounting the possibility that someone has stolen or borrowed your pants, I get where he was coming from. It's sad that we expect others to live up to a reasonable code of conduct and frequently they don't.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/philosophy-of-life.172898/post-2282305
Let us know what happens.

Drove to Vegas to get the oil changed in the Explorer. I usually just come in and they take care of me. Not this time. They were over run with customers. A sad note for me. The head service writer was a lot boy when I meet him. That was 28 years ago. He's probably about 50. The rascal retired. I'm going to have to call him and see what's up. The other writer I have known for 16 years. He is my new guy. In the space of a year two people I trusted completely have retired. My dentist of 20 years. And now my guy at the dealership. When I wanted a new car I talked to him first. Two cars ago he introduced me to the dealership buyer for fleet and retail. That's who I talk to when I want a new car. After that I went to our gun store in Vegas to take care of ATF paperwork. Then came home. It was a nice drive anyway. Light traffic and a great music system in the Explorer.

discovered that the admin on here removed the members birthday list, so someone complained about my posts. Won't be the first or last time that has happened.:( This place is no different than any of the other forums I've wasted my time on. Seems once I get to 7K posts, I'm tired or they're of me.

Follow-up: Meet Smudge Pot, the rescue we dragged from under a pickup. The DVM says 4-6 weeks, younger than I thought and really too young to be adopted out. Yet. 8 weeks or so is much better.

He (uncertain; even DVM wasn't sure, too young and too much fuzzy) has an avulsion AKA de-gloving injury to the lower jaw. Some tissue, probably skin and some underlayers peeled back from front lowers :haironfire:, Don't know how it happened but he can eat and is getting antibiotics so no problems anticipated.

If you know of someone who would like a (already!) very affectionate and playful kitten, a bit noisy, litter-trained, shots (not yet but we'll do 'em) within a reasonable distance, I'll meet up to two hours away.

View attachment 520355
So you have four to six weeks until he's old enough to adopt out; that's long enough for an established cat to get used to a new kitten. People too. Adopting out a cat is often easier said than done. I'm afraid you're doomed.

discovered that the admin on here removed the members birthday list
Hey! Foul! For at least a couple of years I've been checking the birthdays every day (that I remember to) and sending happy birthday notes to anyone I know. (Sorry if I've missed someone who is reading this.)
so someone complained about my posts.
Confused. I don't see the connection.

So you have four to six weeks until he's old enough to adopt out; that's long enough for an established cat to get used to a new kitten. People too. Adopting out a cat is often easier said than done. I'm afraid you're doomed.

Hey! Foul! For at least a couple of years I've been checking the birthdays every day (that I remember to) and sending happy birthday notes to anyone I know. (Sorry if I've missed someone who is reading this.)
Confused. I don't see the connection.
You could always PM @Angie and ask why.

I just went to the Forum Help subforum to see if there's a tread already open about it. Didn't find one. Since I'm at work now, I ought to do some work. I'll get back to this at lunch time.

Loaded the car up for tomorrows trip to SC.(seeing that I'm not going to be posting anymore in the "What did you do rocketry wise today".)
Sold my Def Tech center channel speaker tonight finally.

Got out some old cameras and associated stuff I hadn't looked at in a long time. The old Minolta X700 (circa 1985) still was in good nick but had a bit of corrosion around the battery hatch as I had forgotten to take the batteries out of there when I mothballed it :( . It cleaned up OK and will still work fine. I had taken the batteries out of the multifunction back (data imprinting etc) luckily. That camera had done a large amount of photography.

The Minolta Maxxum 3000i (circa 1988) was OK but the soft plastic on the grip had lost its plasticiser and embrittled, breaking away when touched.

Assorted flash guns, light meters etc all AOK.

The Polaroid SX70 is still in good nick and I will get a couple of packets of film just for fun to run through it.

I have a whole heap of underwater (Ikelite) housings etc as well which I didn't bother getting out. Also didn't look at the lenses, which I have everything from 2.8mm fisheye to 600mm catadioptric and a good selection in between, including a nice 35-200mm Tokina. I will get them out another day for a look.

Got out some old cameras and associated stuff I hadn't looked at in a long time. The old Minolta X700 (circa 1985) still was in good nick but had a bit of corrosion around the battery hatch as I had forgotten to take the batteries out of there when I mothballed it :( . It cleaned up OK and will still work fine. I had taken the batteries out of the multifunction back (data imprinting etc) luckily. That camera had done a large amount of photography.

The Minolta Maxxum 3000i (circa 1988) was OK but the soft plastic on the grip had lost its plasticiser and embrittled, breaking away when touched.

IMG_20220528_005325045.jpg

Finished the garage door installation, worked perfectly first time (yay!) Now I need to move all the junk in the other side of the (2 car) garage to the empty half, so I can install the other garage door. And a new opener on that side, as the old one died some months ago.

Don't know much about farming, but my father told me once that when a banana tree produces a bunch then after you harvest it you have to knock it down so that a new corm will sprout up.
True? I would have kept watering the old tree.

He’s right. The tree will send up a shoot (‘pup’) just before it flowers. When you harvest the bananas you cut down the one that flowered and let the pup take over.

Went to Seattle’s Folklife Festival last night. In the space of a couple of hours, we saw dance and music from India to Scandinavia, with stops in Persia and the Balkans. Plus a side helping of sea shanties. It’s a great festival but maybe better when there’s not driving rain like today.

Went to Seattle’s Folklife Festival last night. In the space of a couple of hours, we saw dance and music from India to Scandinavia, with stops in Persia and the Balkans. Plus a side helping of sea shanties. It’s a great festival but maybe better when there’s not driving rain like today.

I don’t know why, but when I first read that sentence, I read it as Forklift Festival… And I thought to my self, “ self that seems like an odd subject for a festival…” :p :rolleyes::dontknow:
Obviously, I been in the sun too long this weekend.

The Polaroid SX70 is still in good nick and I will get a couple of packets of film just for fun to run through it.

Is it the folding slr? Good money in that, but also a great camera.

Lots of Polaroid stuff in storage here. I was an avid collector. The Miniportrait cameras were great fun (until Fujifilm stopped making pack film). Lots of Olympus OM stuff too. Lots of twin lens reflexes. Oh, and my Yashica rangefinder collection. And...

Took down the other garage door. Mounted the panels and hinges for the new door. I like looking at it from the outside because it looks done. Still need to put up the tracks and torsion spring assembly. But it's a heckuva lot easier than I anticipated.

FWIW if you have a choice get a unit with a torsion spring. It's a single spring that's over the door rather than two big springs hanging from the sides. The brand I have is "Ideal," comes with a "winder fitting" that lets you apply the necessary twist to the spring using an ordinary drill. Much easier and probably MUCH lower hazard than the old dual spring style. (To release the tension in the spring when you need to replace something, just put the drill in reverse, put it on the winder, squeeze trigger.)

I don’t know why, but when I first read that sentence, I read it as Forklift Festival… And I thought to my self, “ self that seems like an odd subject for a festival…” :p :rolleyes::dontknow:
Obviously, I been in the sun too long this weekend.
Seattle did have (in the slightly distant past) a Forklift Rodeo as part of a larger maritime festival. Sadly, new Rules on forklift use got in the way and that event is no longer. The tugboat races lasted a bit longer but have also gone the way of the dodo.

Took the grandkids out in front of the condos to launch a usb fan powered foam rocket I bought with my gift card at Hobby Town, then we assembled the 2 Alpha snap together kits they got at the Science Fair, ....yes I know it's rocket related.

Back