What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh, internal gear hub...swanky. Very nice ride.

That would be about my round trip too, but there is no way to do it safely as I have to basically cross North Dallas to get to work...I guess I could do it at 100 miles each way, but that is a little much for commuting.

Ha! Yeah, I'm lucky. Bunch of country roads and a bit of easy fully paved shoulder suburbia.

The IGH is sublime. 😀

Weekend away. Drove up to Kooyoona State Park for a small amount of bushwalking
View attachment 519765

View attachment 519764

Attended an Elvis exhibition featuring many items from Graceland and his collection
View attachment 519763

View attachment 519760
Original check, keys and mailbox from Graceland
View attachment 519762
View attachment 519761

View attachment 519758
View attachment 519759
Stopped at Organ Pipes National Park on the way home for a bit more bush walking
View attachment 519757
The Elvis stuff looks like Vegas.

I took my wife to the VA clinic here. She has been taking a class on how to use an Alpha wave stimulator they are going to give her. Then to Walmart. The armpit of Pahrump. In Piaute Pahrump means water rock. As in artesian wells. And Las Vegas means the meadows in Spanish. More artesian wells. Then had a meeting with a guy from the landscaping company I hired to find the leak in my irrigation system. Then I tried to start my Mustang. It's sat so long the battery was dead. Won't take a charge. New battery tomorrow.

Woke up at 4 AM ...grabbed a Coke and a candy bar. Reminds me of back in my hometown there was guy who drank 12+ Pepsi cans every day and eventually died from it.

Did you drive up to the top of Mt Estes ?

The weather has been lousy. They had 2 feet of snow the day before we got to out cabin and it has been on and off snow/sleet/rain since. I woke up this morning to clear skies and a winter wonderland that made me wish I had my skis and places with a safe snowpack (and a backcountry guide)

PSX_20220525_072702.jpg

My wife and her brother toured the Stanley Hotel last evening while I let my son get lost in the hedge maze on a foggy, drizzly evening. I figured we weren't there long enough for him to go crazy and then freeze to death.

PSX_20220525_073625.jpg

I'm hoping to do some sightseeing and kid friendly hikes in Ricky Mountain National Park later this morning. I told my wife we really need to come back sometime when it isn't between seasons so we can enjoy Summer and Winter activities better.

[M]y u-lock was siezed from sitting there for two years!
PB Blaster. Every morning you get to work and every evening you leave until it opens up.

Reminds me of back in my hometown there was guy who drank 12+ Pepsi cans every day and eventually died from it.
I used to drink three or four Cokes (cans) a day. I've cut back to about two a week, and they're bottles of the stuff imported from Mexico.

The weather has been lousy. They had 2 feet of snow the day before we got to out cabin and it has been on and off snow/sleet/rain since. I woke up this morning to clear skies and a winter wonderland that made me wish I had my skis and places with a safe snowpack (and a backcountry guide)

View attachment 520145

My wife and her brother toured the Stanley Hotel last evening while I let my son get lost in the hedge maze on a foggy, drizzly evening. I figured we weren't there long enough for him to go crazy and then freeze to death.

View attachment 520146

I'm hoping to do some sightseeing and kid friendly hikes in Ricky Mountain National Park later this morning. I told my wife we really need to come back sometime when it isn't between seasons so we can enjoy Summer and Winter activities better.
Nice typo...I think. You are visiting Rocky not Ricky Mountain National Park right? Autocorrect gets us all eventually.

Sign stuff.

Low voltage Spaghetti with some 10mil emc units

Attachments

• IMG_20220525_194016.jpg
    IMG_20220525_194016.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220525_194013.jpg
    IMG_20220525_194013.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220525_194029.jpg
    IMG_20220525_194029.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220525_194034.jpg
    IMG_20220525_194034.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 0
I took the dead battery out of the Mustang and went to Auto Zone. The battery was still under warranty. I gave them the dead one and they gave me a new one. In and out in 5 minutes. If any of you move to the Vegas area. When your first battery dies. And it will. Buy a battery with a good long warranty and you will never pay for a new one. I have been doing this for 15 years. The heat here kills batteries fast. Three years maybe four and the battery will be toast. I have been getting Auto Zone batteries for the last 20 years or so. I think one or two were out of warranty. Then I moved up in price and haven't paid for one since. Then I washed the Explorer.

Estes Cone is somewhere near where we were. We did enjoy a nice view of Longs Peak and a short snowy hike around Bear Lake.

PSX_20220525_204324.jpg

PSX_20220525_204445.jpg

I always have a hard time coming home whenever we visit mountain towns. It seems most Hoosiers prefer the beach and want to retire in the South. I'd rather live in these places.

Tried to figure out why the HP desktop will not put out anything on the display. It has less than 5 hours on it. 🤬
It's probably dead. The failure rates of electronics (and lot's of other things) is high (on a relative scale) when the stuff is new, drops to very low after a break-in period of weeks, then rises slowly over years. You've probably got a case of infant mortality.

Try installing Linux Mint on it from a USB thumb drive. It can be run from the thumb drive without fully installing it. Has all the base drivers on it.
You're obviously a Linux fan. Not that there aren't reasons to be a Linux fan. But if there's nothing on the screen, the Linux version of nothing is really not any better than the Windows version of nothing. Linux fixes much; Linux doesn't fix hardware failures.

Follow-up: Meet Smudge Pot, the rescue we dragged from under a pickup. The DVM says 4-6 weeks, younger than I thought and really too young to be adopted out. Yet. 8 weeks or so is much better.

He (uncertain; even DVM wasn't sure, too young and too much fuzzy) has an avulsion AKA de-gloving injury to the lower jaw. Some tissue, probably skin and some underlayers peeled back from front lowers :haironfire:, Don't know how it happened but he can eat and is getting antibiotics so no problems anticipated.

If you know of someone who would like a (already!) very affectionate and playful kitten, a bit noisy, litter-trained, shots (not yet but we'll do 'em) within a reasonable distance, I'll meet up to two hours away.

Smudge05.jpg

Got some manipulative therapy/massage/Bowen on my shoulder.

Cut ~300 'craft bamboo' canes. Long, thin canes about 1/2" in diameter and about 10-12 feet long (Please note use of Imperialist measurements). These are used green for weaving, tomato stakes, whatever. We give these away at the local hall. Another 600-800 to cut in the morning. Shoulder now hurts, (duh, Einstein) so calling it a day.

Had a guy pick up a kitchen, from the house we are going to eventually demolish, that I advertised on Facebook. Found out during the week that he dumped a lot of renovation rubbish in the backyard, hidden behind the garage, when he picked up the kitchen. Funnily enough it is all on CCTV. He also underpaid for some other items he purchased out of the house, and took a fire grate as well. Been talking to the police and council about it and something will be done if he doesn't get back to me and remove it over the weekend. I really hope he doesn't.

Back