What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled out the remenants of an apricot tree that was eaten to death by possums. Used a tree-protector, snatch strap and my Jeep. This is the first time in nearly two years the jeep has been in 4wd low :(. I really need to get out more.

Pulled out the remenants of an apricot tree that was eaten to death by possums. Used a tree-protector, snatch strap and my Jeep. This is the first time in nearly two years the jeep has been in 4wd low :(. I really need to get out more.

Pulled down an old farm shed a few years ago with the Brumby. Huge fun.

We should probably get ourselves some rocket kits or something. Sounds like we're desperate for entertainment...

Flew to FLL and back for work. It was gorgeous there until 1 mile before we landed. Sorry for the rain storm.

Went laptop shopping with my boys. Got an Asus ROG Flow X13 with a nice AMD Ryzen 7 5800 processer.
However, after about an hour of downloads and updates and setup, the Asus health check app repeatedly reported a problem with the fans. Time to take it back to the store. :(

I had my friend who repairs reel to reel tape decks bring back my buddies tape deck to me and reinstall it in my stereo system as the stop Button had a problem. that listed more items on the classified sites so that I can come up with some money to pay down one of the big Bill's, and that will relieve us of a big monthly payment, that is killing us.

A couple of months ago I was talking to the guy who holds the FFL [Federal Firearms License ] that I have been having things sent to. He tells me he is going to be working at the new gun store and range being built. I said I might stop by and see about a part time job. And that was the last I heard about it. Today I got a text from them asking me to come in. When I get there the boss hands me a W4, a homeland Security form and another form and asks me when I want to work. What I thought was a meet and greet and interview turned out to be something else. Turns out I was the only one who didn't know I had a job. So I'll have to be more carful about what I say to whom. After we talked for a while I found out I'm the only one who has range experience and they want me to help them with getting the other employees up to speed on how to run a range. I don't even know what they are going to pay me yet. And I start Saturday. Grand opening is Friday. It's been 11 years since I had to do employment forms. I had never seen a Homeland Security Employment Eligibility Form before. I have to prove I'm me. Drivers license and Military ID aren't good enough. They want a passport or birth certificate as well. So I asked myself how people who aren't here legally can get a job. So I'm retired and I'm not. It does mean I'll have more money to buy rocket stuff. So I got that going for me.

another day I'm feeling like I got ran over by a couple of semi trucks so I'll probably stay in bed all day, and still have the chest cold. :mad:

Spent the past couple of days getting virtual machines to run on my PC, for compiling gateware. Not having a lot of success, mainly due to IT policies implemented by the company :( . Maybe success today.

Thanksgiving with my inlaws in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. :)

Headache most of the day yesterday and today. Dizzy, ears ringing, noise and light sensitivity, feels like being drunk, but I've only had a couple of (normal size) glasses of wine, and that was about three hours ago. o_O

I had two vaccine injections Tuesday, COVID booster and shingles second dose. But that was 48 hours ago, and I was OK yesterday in the morning. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I don't want to spend Black Friday at an urgent care clinic three states from home. :(

Thanksgiving with my inlaws in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. :)

Headache most of the day yesterday and today. Dizzy, ears ringing, noise and light sensitivity, feels like being drunk, but I've only had a couple of (normal size) glasses of wine, and that was about three hours ago. o_O

I had two vaccine injections Tuesday, COVID booster and shingles second dose. But that was 48 hours ago, and I was OK yesterday in the morning. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I don't want to spend Black Friday at an urgent care clinic three states from home. :(

Hopefully that clears up quickly

a ham radio guy came over and bought my HF radio today which will help make a huge dent in paying off the car loan, but he brought over another radio for me to use till I die great gesture, if the world was filled full of people like him we would have half of our problems gone .

Bought a new MIG welder to replace the POS stick we've been using on the farm for years.

Back in the 80's my brother bought a 110V mig that got nicknamed the 'coffee break mig.' It would run beads for about 10 minutes, then go on coffee break for 10-20 minutes - I don't recall. It was using gas, not flux core, but for the project he was trying to do, the coffee breaks were terrible time wasters.

I decided to buy a 110V mig/tig unit that could do both flux core and gas from miller about 10 years ago and when I saw the price, I decided to switch hobbies. . .

I do think I'd like to own a 'coffee break mig' for home projects, but have trouble justifying the cost of a more industrial solution.

Hope yours hits the sweet spot for what you need.

Sandy.

unboxed the Kenwood TS-B2000 HF radio, worked on the hookup cables, mounted the RC-2000 control head right elow the iMac screen. I have to get someone over to install Anderson Power Pole connectors on the 12V, 12 gauge power cables.
IEhQ8rS.jpg

Back